Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

££££££££££££

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
It's probably got something to do with the socio-demographic thingy as well. Many of the players are probably 20-30 something's with a reaonable disposable income, so it's a fairly relative. The allows us the option of an extreme sport. Besides 97% of us are educated and articulate here so I'm guessing are fairly professional in what they do for a living or in training to do (don't want to forget about Students).

Also as Rancid will no doubt tell you, the whole P8 Forum thing we owe so much of our time doing FA at work too (me more than most), had to be subsidised by Teddy Bear International or something for many moon's, something some people probably take for granted.

And besides It made me feel good arguing that point as well. Write to Dear Auntie Stongle for more more advice and help with you personal problems (no pictures I'm squeemish) :D :D

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
ok, just to stir it up a bit, someone connected with a major paint sponsor told me a while back (i honestly can't remember who it was) that they thought that paintball prices (specifically for the paintballs them selves) has dropped as low as it could possibly go.

What do you guys think?

How much better off would we be if a case of paint was half the price you paid now?
Would that make a signifigant difference?

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
getting paint sponsorship is really hard, and although it makes a big difference, playing a major league event is expensive.

More rec ballers, would mean that there would be more money to put into sponsorship for tourney teams. As players, we need to make sure that we help grow the rec ball scene, and help punter ballers grow into responsible paintballers.

Besides, greg, how does one go about getting sponsorship if all they do is play rec ball?

Dec 19, 2002
Scotland
Who the hell is this Laurent guy that these Team equilibruim guys keep bangin on about!?
He must be the only decent player in the team lol, all they do is talk bout him muhahaha

Mak D

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
I don't really mind the price of playing ball here in the UK... although when you compare it to the costs of the States I do feel slightly ripped off with regards to gear. Although I do understand how they can sell at a cheaper price due to higher volumes being sold etc etc... and the fact that the majority of us do live in rip off Britain.

At the end of the day we all love playing paintball, and all pay the prices asked for markers/paint etc asked for by the manufacturers. If like a lot of other things in the UK (cars for example) we continue paying higher prices than our American counterparts they will continue charging us more accordingly.

My 2p worth.

Dave

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Originally posted by Greg
mugged 44 heres a wild idea pick up some sponsership.
weather it be from your local site to dye and draxxus sponsership.

kyle
Actually that's a step in the opposite direction. Imposing costs on paint and gear companies is what drives up the price of playing for everyone, not down, because they have to make up the money they're shelling out by upping the everyday persons' price. The less money they fork out on stuff like that and instead rebate the consumer by lowering the prices they have to charge to make a profit, the cheaper the sport as a whole gets. Instead try shifting the advertising base to non-paintballing companies who compete constantly for share of advertising space. In short, make yourself a billboard. If you have to mill a Visa logo into your gun (not a bad idea actually) or tattoo Amsouth Bank on your butt, do it.

Other ways to cheapen the sport:
1. Drink less before events so you have more money to spend, stupid.
2. Carpool to and from fields.
3. Have someone around who knows how to cook to save money on restaurants. I am for hire, for example, for a price of course.
4. Use rechargeable batteries. Plenty of people run down 9v's just clicking them 20,000 times in the staging area before each day. This stacks up!
5. Restrain yourself from tweaking with your gun to the point of messing it up and having to send it to the shop to get it reset, for a fee of course every time. YOU ARE NOT A TECH GOD. LOOK AND THE MIRROR AND POINT "I AM NOT A TECH GOD. IN FACT, WHEN IT COMES TO MECHANICS I AM A DAMNED IMBECILE, INCABLE OF DETERMINING A VALVE SPRING FROM A SNAP RING. I WILL LEAVE EVERY INCH OF MY EQUIPMENT EXCEPT THE TRIGGER AND THE ON/OFF SWITCH THE F$%K ALONE UNLESS IT IS TOTALLY INCAPABLE OF PUTTING A BALL OUT THE END OF A BARREL."
6. Cut the chrome and matching this and that bit. Nobody gives a rat's rear end what you look like on the field for 30 seconds then in the dead box for 9 1/2 minutes. If you were a fashion model, we'd be yelling at someone else for gooing up the pages of Victoria's Secret catalogue instead of you on account of them.

Buying everything fresh 2k3 the day it comes out only makes you indistinguishable from the other ten million wannabe morons out there who ogle at pics of the big guys who could give two sh|+s what they're wearing so long as they get their picture taken while giving a mugging instead of taking one or at least having a good hair day. Last year's jersey isn't so bad guys and girls. It by now smells like you as an individual so you can recognize it with the hotel room lights still out at 4:40 am while your other senses are still blurred by the Jager and Rumple Mintz shots those cute blonde twins at the bar dared you to keep taking with them. You don't have to go through the process again of sending it back to the shop four times to be reprinted because they couldn't spell your last name and/or team name right. And unless the twins ended up in bed with you and were animalistically insane, it likely isn't torn to shreds like that 2mm hole is making you think it needs to be replaced for being worn out.

€gg

This really is my face...
Originally posted by kidzero
or maybe...
buy second hand equipment, use the field paint that all the brands give away for practice and the top paint only for tourneys, practice hopper games a lot, buy paint in large numbers with some guys together, learn to shoot straight(yeah i know im not the one to mention this*G*) so you wont need to shoot accurate by volume at trainings...oh yeah and try to find a job in the paintball-industry or start your own paintballshop will surely make it cheaper
ahhh...there's German efficiency for ya...swish :D
too bad you suck at paintball anyhow.:p :p :p

€gg

This really is my face...
ha ha ha

Originally posted by KillerOnion

5. Restrain yourself from tweaking with your gun to the point of messing it up and having to send it to the shop to get it reset, for a fee of course every time. YOU ARE NOT A TECH GOD. LOOK AND THE MIRROR AND POINT "I AM NOT A TECH GOD. IN FACT, WHEN IT COMES TO MECHANICS I AM A DAMNED IMBECILE, INCABLE OF DETERMINING A VALVE SPRING FROM A SNAP RING. I WILL LEAVE EVERY INCH OF MY EQUIPMENT EXCEPT THE TRIGGER AND THE ON/OFF SWITCH THE F$%K ALONE UNLESS IT IS TOTALLY INCAPABLE OF PUTTING A BALL OUT THE END OF A BARREL."

lol so true so true lol