Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

07 pmr problem

Ash-79

Mar 5, 2009
midlands
Help!!
My mate just got a 07pmr, but due to the Crap plastic bolt cap we cant get the bolt out to clean it, the allen key just turns in side.
i think the bloke who had it has over tighten it
Any ideas as we don’t want to use it b4 lubing it.
As you can buy the caps i assume this is common thing.

Cheers

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
Allen key holes round off, it happens.

Methods, in order of extreme..ness:

1. Use a centrepunch and light hammer to push the outside of the cap around

2. Use a small knife/chisel to score a slot across the cap and use a flat bladed screwdriver to remove the cap

3. Loctite/superglue the end of the allen key, push it into the cap, wait for the loctite to dry (read the label) and turn the key.

4. Find the biggest drill bit you can, and go nuts.

Ash-79

Mar 5, 2009
midlands
Im liking the last idea don’t think my mate will approve 
The hole isn’t rounded off and the gun apparently has only been used once just sat around, it is immaculate. We was thinking the clue plan as we need to make as little damage until we get a new cap. Any idea what the small hole to the right of the cap is its in the main body when looking at the back. Looked in the book nothing mentioned. Cheers for your help

rayko

WTD UK: BNIB Dream...
It blocks the gas gallery off so that air doesn't come out of back of the marker and it charges the supply chamber.

It sounds like you may have stripped the thread off the backcap or you need to do the final bit of taking the bolt out by pushing the bolt out by putting soemthing like a drumstick/dowel/wooden spoon down the front of the marker to assist it out. The bolt assembly is a little tight on PMRs and the backcap does spin on its own.

Ash-79

Mar 5, 2009
midlands
Its not stripped it looks good, its like the allen key is a little to small, has a bit of play.Yes ive tried all sizes got a pucker set of all allen keys before sumone suggests it lol
The bolt cap just doesnt move.
Thanks

Ash-79

Mar 5, 2009
midlands
yeah there all imperial, we have the set that comes with the marker and i have a set of all sizes metric and imperial.