Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

07 to Axe?

roy2k14

FE
Oct 13, 2014
East Midland, United Kingdom
I have to say that I made the exact change that you were thinking about, Ego 07 to Axe, and I do personally think that the Axe is a nicer marker. I found it shot smoother than my 07, was a bit softer on paint, way more efficient with air and for me it felt nicer in the hand however despite all of that there was nothing at all bad about the Ego, it still shot easily well enough to do whatever was needed and right now unless you feel strongly that you want to shoot something different (which is why I changed, I was simply a bit bored of Planet Eclipse markers) there is no need to change.

The one last thing I would add is that the standard LED board isn't bad at all. Let's be honest, once you've got your marker set up properly how often do you change anything on the board? I know that the only things I ever change once my marker is set up as I like it is the fire mode if I'm going from airball to woodsball when I'll switch from ramping to semi and even with the LED board that could be done in about 10 seconds without the need to a manual.
I have to completely agree with you there, I had a go at my teammate's Axe(mine now :p) at the YPC walkon, found it way more efficient on air compare to the ego, shoot smoother and suprisingly quieter as well. I thought the stock board would be a huge issue for me, but I can cope for now. It isn't that hard to change the firing mode just like you described although bit annoying as the stock board doesn't save your setting which annoys me quite a bit when I had to take the battery out when not using the Axe. But overall I absolutely love this beast :D I must thank you for everyone's input as well, really great help, now I can't wait to take the Axe out for next season

Last edited:

southernP8nt

Aug 20, 2008
I have to completely agree with you there, I had a go at my teammate's Axe(mine now :p) at the YPC walkon, found it way more efficient on air compare to the ego, shoot smoother and suprisingly quieter as well. I thought the stock board would be a huge issue for me, but I can cope for now. It isn't that hard to change the firing mode just like you described although bit annoying as the stock board doesn't save your setting which annoys me quite a bit when I had to take the battery out when not using the Axe. But overall I absolutely love this beast :D I must thank you for everyone's input as well, really great help, now I can't wait to take the Axe out for next season
Yeah, the stock board does suck a bit with the battery thing. If you're looking for a cheap upgrade then look for a Shockwave board. Just adds a little bit more flexibility in terms of the options on it and more importantly it won't lose all of your settings if you take the battery out.

Reactions: Bolter

roy2k14

FE
Oct 13, 2014
East Midland, United Kingdom
Yeah, the stock board does suck a bit with the battery thing. If you're looking for a cheap upgrade then look for a Shockwave board. Just adds a little bit more flexibility in terms of the options on it and more importantly it won't lose all of your settings if you take the battery out.
It just that now I will have to take a few seconds to put the setting right everytime I want to set the gun up, but I'll be looking into getting a secondhand redline board when I get pay this month. Just wondering thought, with the redline board, does it reduce the battery power usage and allow different trigger settings?

southernP8nt

Aug 20, 2008
It just that now I will have to take a few seconds to put the setting right everytime I want to set the gun up, but I'll be looking into getting a secondhand redline board when I get pay this month. Just wondering thought, with the redline board, does it reduce the battery power usage and allow different trigger settings?
Unless I'm completely misremembering things the trigger adjustment is entirely physical, there are a couple of adjustment screws on there that can change the trigger pull and activation point. Unless you're asking about something else entirely in which case I have no idea what you're asking!

Board wise my recommendation would still be to track down a shockwave board. I know in the US they retail for around $25 whereas the redline boards are $200, and while yeah the redline boards do have the OLED screen and things like training modes on there, is the board really going to make such a big difference to your game that it's worth that much extra money?

Get yourself a nice cheap shockwave board that solves the biggest problem with the axe, the loss of settings when the battery is removed, and spend the money that you would have spent on the redline board actually playing, because more time on the field will improve your game a hell of a lot more than a fancy board in your marker.