Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

09 SLG UL ASA problem

SamFlyZ

Geo 2.1 | 2K5 Alias
Mar 27, 2009
Exmouth, Devon
Hihi,

ASA was loose, so I opened up grip and tried to tighten it (using the little screw that loosen/tightens the ASA for moving it, etc.

It didnt seem to do anything, so I took the ASA off, and unscrewed the tighten adjustment screw until it came out. It seemed to also bring out some plastic thread piece, which seems to be able to slot back into the hole. Now, it seems that something is blocking the hole so I cannot fully re-insert the piece + screw, its not like a piece of dirt, some metal thing with a spring in it.

Also, one of the rail screws refuses to screw back in from when I took the rail off.

Any help,

Thanks,
Sam

Carta

Jul 13, 2009
Mate, i took apart my SLG UL today and had this same problem, to rectify it. Firstly remove the grip (obv) then fully take out the adjuster screw for the asa. This should allow it to slide off. Now remove the two big screws on the bottom of the handle, which would remove the bottom mounting for the asa. Slide off the spring and pull out the metal separater which the spring sits on. Once this is out push back firstly the black thread with the grooves on the outside. then thread in the asa adjuster screw but no all the way. You can now proceed to re-assemble the bottom half. Place the separater back in the hole with the spring on, mount the bracket and then screw in place. Hopefully that helps. If not let me know!

SamFlyZ

Geo 2.1 | 2K5 Alias
Mar 27, 2009
Exmouth, Devon
The black threading wont fully go into the frame...

Mate, i took apart my SLG UL today and had this same problem, to rectify it. Firstly remove the grip (obv) then fully take out the adjuster screw for the asa. This should allow it to slide off. Now remove the two big screws on the bottom of the handle, which would remove the bottom mounting for the asa. Slide off the spring and pull out the metal separater which the spring sits on. Once this is out push back firstly the black thread with the grooves on the outside. then thread in the asa adjuster screw but no all the way. You can now proceed to re-assemble the bottom half. Place the separater back in the hole with the spring on, mount the bracket and then screw in place. Hopefully that helps. If not let me know!

Ash - GI Sportz

GI Sportz
Jun 14, 2006
GI Towers
Hi Sam

If the threaded insert has completely come out of the frame then you will need a replacement frame. If you can e-mail your full name, address and contact telephone number, along with a brief outline of the problem to eurotech@dyeprecision.com (eurotech at dyeprecision dot com) and I can assist you further.

Thanks

Ash Chaplen
DYE Europe