The Home Of European Paintball

1 to 1 rounds

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
There has been a lot of discussion on Facebook about these

There is a large difference in velocity of mixing 121 and normal paintballs, whereas with first strike there is a reasonable difference
So with first strike you can mix as long as you set the velocity for the fastest (fs) shooting normal paintballs at a lower velocity, 121s will have to be fired alone

People are unfamiliar with 121s and there has been some criticism of the design, and for the moment it looks like many events won't be allowing them

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Handy way to get the disadvantages of .50 cal with all the disadvantages of a .68 round.

I worry that something that is designed to fly further straighter isn't going to have the same breakability when it gets there due to the size of the ball element of it. Then the size of the splat is going to be hard for a ref to judge between hit and spray.

upzii

Platinum Member
Feb 27, 2011
key word that makes paintball legal is "frangible". I am not sure how frangible the
1-2-1 rounds are

Reactions: Canon Fodder

upzii

Platinum Member
Feb 27, 2011
the videos and pictures i have seen have shown the 50.cal round burst in an intact shell shot at a solid target

scotty1987

Feb 2, 2014
noticed a few places wont allow use of the one2one rounds somthin about they have to be picked up ?

upzii

Platinum Member
Feb 27, 2011
The compacted "foam" that is used to create the rounds is not as far as I am aware bio-degradeable.

Personally I am against first strike and the 1-2-1 rounds as they are not paintBALLS but hey-ho thats personal preference.
First strike have been proven to be frangible, biodegradeable (over time) and fairly safe (they still blooming hurt so does a normal paintball)

My biggest concern is that the 1-2-1 rounds look like they have been rushed into production to make a quick quid and no proper research / thought has gone into the rounds.
What do the woodsball guys think about this?

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Early prototypes looked a lot more like first strikes, then I beleive there were patent issues.

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
I have tried and tested these on ll 14 of my magfed markers... They jam up alot in tib8 and tib9.1

They work very well with milsigs.. Just as well as first strikes

Work alright with sar12, although do jam up every other mag

Hammer 7 they work amazingly

They are a good step up from paint.. Although no were near as good as fs.. And if u re-use the rubber after using it the it jams up the gun every 3 shots due to it slightly moulding in shape