Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

2 X BARREL KITS IN A/C THREAD

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Right People we have here 2 barrel kits for sale.

Both kits are A/c Thread and are used so do show signs of wear and the tips do have anno wear.

Secondly we have a Empire Barrel kit with 3 backs and 1 front, back sizes are .687, .689, .691 and comes in a lovely padded case

Price is £45.00 Posted.

These prices include postage with payment required via paypal as owed or you pick up the fees at 5% or you can collect from Grays or Tilbury Essex for a £5.00 Reduction.

Can also bring these with me to Bricketwood this weekend on the 24th May.

Any questions then fire away.

Last edited:

louisxg

Apr 30, 2015
Essex
@phil-boy thanks for posting this up. I assume both of these kits would fit my Etek? Sorry I'm still new to this so still learning.

With me playing at only one field (Mayhem, Abridge) am I correct in thinking they would only use one size of paint?

Just making sure a barrel kit is essential with me being new to paintballing :)

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
As long as the Etek is Autococker threads (Which I am 99% they are) then these will fit.

The reason people buy and use barrel kits is that paint is not all the same size. By having a kit then you are able to match the barrel to the paint you are using. Most of the time you will probably only use one or two sizes but having the options there means that you wont turn up at an event and not have a big enough bore for your balls to go in (OO-ER !!) or that your balls roll out !!

The standard barrel on pretty much most guns is suitable for Most paints but kits are always a good option.

Have a think about it and let me know, these are both available at this present time.

Cheers fella.

Reactions: louisxg

louisxg

Apr 30, 2015
Essex
As long as the Etek is Autococker threads (Which I am 99% they are) then these will fit.

The reason people buy and use barrel kits is that paint is not all the same size. By having a kit then you are able to match the barrel to the paint you are using. Most of the time you will probably only use one or two sizes but having the options there means that you wont turn up at an event and not have a big enough bore for your balls to go in (OO-ER !!) or that your balls roll out !!

The standard barrel on pretty much most guns is suitable for Most paints but kits are always a good option.

Have a think about it and let me know, these are both available at this present time.

Cheers fella.
Thanks for the info Phil :)

I will give it a good think as I am interested put it that way!

Another question - What is the better kit out of the 2 you are selling? The 1st kit has more barrels but is £10 cheaper. I know Empire is a bigger brand so this could factor into the price. I am more drawn towards the Empire kit because its a brand I trust however could you shed some light on the differences between the 2 kits? (Again sorry for all the questions).

Reactions: The Artful Dodger

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
In reply mate,

Firstly both of these kits are my team mates and so I have never actually used either, however I will try and answer and assist you.

The Empire kit yes is priced dearer than the black eagle as I would rate it better than the lesser kit and I suppose that I priced it this way because it is a Branded product. The black eagle kit does offer an extra insert and may be better as it gives a further size if required, but in all honesty with all barrel kits I have ever had I have only ever used a couple of the insert types. The 2 that I used the most are a .690 or .691 depending on the kit and/or a .689.

All kits are different and have different bore sizes, on my Empire Vanquish 1.5 that I recently sold it had a freak kit with 5 inserts being .675, .680, .685, .690 and .695. In the year I had it I only used the 90 and 95, the other 3 were new in the case.

I also have other kits that have had only .02 or .03 between sizes so it has been easier to match paint to a barrel.

Most guns would normally come with a .690 ish sized barrel and sometimes this barrel on its own would be enough, but if you turn up for an event and the ball is too big you are knackered !!!!! A couple of weeks ago I played Black Hawk Down where we had to use clear site paint, the paint itself was awesome BUT everyone there said it was really big and my mate had to use his .695 on his kit.

As you are only down the road to me, if you want to call in sometime and take a look at them both then you can make your mind up, I have to admit that although on both these kits I did highlight the marks and anno wear, I can probably guarantee that on each kit some of the kit has never been used !!!!

If you want PM me and we can perhaps arrange a meet.

Phil

louisxg

Apr 30, 2015
Essex
@phil-boy Thanks for the detailed reply, helpful as always. I suppose my my only concern is do I pick up the Empire kit and then source a .695 back else where as its not included in this set. That back alone would probably be about £20, so for a full set £45 for yours, plus the £20 now looking at £65.

Part of me either says keep the barrel ive got because I've heard great reviews on the standard etek barrel OR get a Super Freak barrel set which I've seen go for between £80 - £100.

So on that basis I am going to pass for the time being, i do however appreciate the help you have given me along the way and hope i havent wasted too much of your time.