Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

3 man break out

e-whore

clean, play on!!!!
Jan 4, 2006
Manchester
fade2gray.com
What woudl you say is the best kind of break out for a 3 man?

Do you have the standard 2 back players and 1 roaming?

Do you have a back a mid and a front?

What are your thoughts?

Potter Loki

Mar 18, 2007
Essex
depending on the field, one gunning as he walks up to back centre, one running and gunnig out wide, 1 making a long sprint to snake/dorito somewere:)

Luke W

The Firm
Oct 7, 2006
Salford
Depends all on the field layout. As long as it's going to bunkers that are half decent, and have decent places to go to then it's pretty much sorted. Sometimes it'll require two back players, sometimes it might even be possible to have all three players going to the 50 if you're feeling adventurous. :)

Maddogwhitey

off season boring.
Aug 1, 2005
Aberdeen
www.lips.biz
one thing I will say about 3 man in my limited experience is that it is do or die. If you make the wrong break you are screwed.

I favour the slow methodical breaks, eg all the back bunkers, (left centre right) and variations on it to mix it up a bit.

3 man scares the hell out of me.

jitsuwarrior

Old Baller, getting older
Jun 14, 2007
Northern England
Depends all on the field layout. As long as it's going to bunkers that are half decent, and have decent places to go to then it's pretty much sorted. Sometimes it'll require two back players, sometimes it might even be possible to have all three players going to the 50 if you're feeling adventurous. :)
Happen to agree with you Luke, 3 man you need two backs who take a corner and centre, have the other player go to back corner but bump forward immediately. The other team normally miss this, you also want guns up from the break, it is hard to beat a team that are accurate shots that are willing to shoot from the break, heck we have occasionally won a game before we get to the barricades (this is rare by the way). Am no expert at 3man but it is my favourite after XBall Lite

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
My limited experiences are get as far upfield as you possible can.

Have 1 player try for a key bunker / 50 bunker.
Maybe leave one person to just shoot a lane / shoot the shooters.

other than that mix it up on the fields you are playing.
Depeding on gun rules also will influence how aggressive you play.

Ive played 3man in semi and its a lot easier to take risks against intermittent shooting, rather than jogging past a ramped up 15bps lane.

Luke W

The Firm
Oct 7, 2006
Salford
One other thing, try not to lose anyone on the break. Losing a third of your team in the first few seconds of play is never good!!