Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

43 cal pistols

Brownie

smile and wait for flash
Jul 31, 2014
High peak
I'm wanting a pistol was thinking of the tiberius 8.1 just for the fs. But not over keen on the size of it. So thought of the rap 4 p99 43 cal size and weight are good
Just wanted to know if anyone is running one or any other pistol and what your thoughts are on range,accuracy etc. I know it's all down to personal preference but any advise would be appreciated. Cheers gaz

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I can't comment much on .43 as I have not used it

It was reasonably popular among pistol players a couple of years ago.
.43 suffers slightly from being a non standard calibre. This can mean you are not able to use it, eg when events are site or trader paint only
Also clear paint events. I believe you can get .43 clear but this paint does vary and for the types of sites that go for clear paint events you will often not be allowed to bring your own as it does vary considerably with good and bad or terrible batches and degradability

With all that though you can always ask an organizer, and with some events some traders may be willing to bring .43 for you

You may also be able to ask about velocities, you might need to stick to the same velocity or may be allowed a different velocity due to the lower mass

Also people I've seen have been happy with their .43 pistols

As a .68 alternate the Tpx can take a FS capable breach and compatible magazines are available or standard ones can be modified
This is of course dependant on your opinion on the pistol size. It's about the same overall size but the grip is less fat

Reactions: H and Brownie

Brownie

smile and wait for flash
Jul 31, 2014
High peak
Yeah I did think about sites allowing me to use a 43 cal. I've read a few more reviews on the tipx and think I might go for that. Cheers buddy. Gaz

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Balistically .43 is a poor relation to .50 which is a poor relation to .68 unless you are allowed to chrono higher (which you should be but most sites don't).

Reactions: Brownie

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
.43 pistols aren't exactly small anyway, they're more substantial than they look in the pics. Not as big as a tiberious or tipx though.

Brownie

smile and wait for flash
Jul 31, 2014
High peak
That's another reason why I thought of a 43 cal don't want a stupid big holster stuck to my leg would rather have it in my chest with a kydex holster.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I'll be honest, after seeing both and playing with both, I wouldn't bother with a pistol at all but if I really had to or really wanted one it would be the tipx.

easier to customize, easier to use, easier to get parts, easier to sell on plus you only need to carry one size of paint which is a big plus.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
I carry an old PMI trracer with a drop out 12 gram changer and a cut down barrel in a drill holster (drop leg style plano one) and ten shot tubes to put in the side, or the pistol on my profile picture if Im feeling fruity (its not at all practical to use). Normally I don't bother apart from either big games or if I'm trying out a new main marker.

Brownie

smile and wait for flash
Jul 31, 2014
High peak
I'm just thinking as a back up for big games. I use a 468 troy elite with 13ci tank so that's reason why I'm thinking of a pistol.