The Home Of European Paintball

5 year/ 3 year bottle test difference.

WingNut

UK Redskins
Oct 31, 2003
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Originally posted by Acidd_UK
I have an SCI 1.5L 4500 HSE-AL-FW2 bottle that had a test date on it of 12/2000. When I took it to H-PAC at S2K4 they told me it had a 5-year test and thus has another 2 years on it. There is no EN12245 code on it.

The bottle markings are:

[Blue] UNF625 HSE-AL-FW2 USA SCI ALT 816-167
[SCI] 1.2Kg 1.5L 310 bar PH 465 bar
[Logo] AA6061 [CL symbol] 12/2000 FIN 2015/11

Tom
According to the information supplied direct to me from SCI themselves, this bottle is illegal. It needs a retest.

Why I hear you ask.......

Because it was made prior to July 2003 which was when the new regulations came into force. Once you have it retested, then it will be a 5 year test from then on.

I really do believe that H-PAC, and other companies are making some serious mistakes with the information they are supplying to players regarding these tanks. It clearly says in the email I received from Eddie at SCI about the July 2003 regulations ammendment.

Maybe site operators should check their public liability insurance details to check if they are covered by illegal tanks (out of date). Even if H-PAC or some other professional company are filling the tanks, if one blows, then I think you'll find that the site operator will be liable for this.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
WingNut
Have you forwarded a copy of your email/ letter to UKPSF & H-Pac mate
Sounds like the sensible thing to do.
If true (no implication of false hood inferred)
Then this puts cylinder testers in a sticky situation
If you have had your bottle checked, told that it is legal and then subsequently told it is not then who is liable for the cost. How many people will not have a bottle for thier next tournie.

Cylinder testers get their information straight from the HSE, so what are they being told. You say for the sake of £25 get it tested, but not many testing centres will retest a bottle that they believe to be in test.

A.B

London E.C.I 2008 retired
Jul 8, 2002
hampshire uk
'but not many testing centres will retest a bottle that they believe to be in test.'

And that unfortunetly is the problem, this testing center said that it was a five year cylinder (along with two others) i know it's only £25 but surely we should be getting the correct information and not getting cylinders tested just to keep people happy (assuming that the cylinder is actually in test) now i'm not saying that i wouldn't have a test done if it was a legal requirement, but i'm being told it isn't required.

:confused:

What is required is a definitive list from an impartial but trustworthy and respected source, on all cylinders that are covered by the new legislation (in force i believe since may 2003)
This list can be adhered to and should enable us to have cylinders retested or not without fear of getting refused an air fill.

A.B

WingNut

UK Redskins
Oct 31, 2003
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Originally posted by Dark Warrior
WingNut
Have you forwarded a copy of your email/ letter to UKPSF & H-Pac mate
I will do this tomorrow......

Originally posted by A.B
What is required is a definitive list from an impartial but trustworthy and respected source, on all cylinders that are covered by the new legislation (in force i believe since may 2003)
This is what I have posted already. The actual email from the manufacturers....... All clearly explained in laymans terms.

I will call someone tomorrow from one of the government agencies to get this sorted once and for all.

Looks like someones got to do it........:D

May as well be me.

I do agree, it's all getting a little confusing.:confused:

A.B

London E.C.I 2008 retired
Jul 8, 2002
hampshire uk
Whoops sorry dude, i'll re-read your post. i thought it only applied to SCI cylinders, and i took it with a pinch of salt.

Good luck with your call mate, lookin forward to reading the result

A.B

Bully

Jul 12, 2001
Rochdale UK
www.playpaintball.co.uk
Testing

The UKPSF queried the 5 year test amendment months ago after we noticed the test specifications had been amended, we had not been informed by the manufacturers and the chances of the HSE letting us know of an amendment is close to zero.

I have a copy of the e mail and incidentally recieved another email from another source re the same subject. It does appear that when we queried the original change of test period the bit about bottles manufactured before a certain date was omitted.

Eddie Sands is the man in the know so what he says in the email will be correct. (He helps write the regulations for air bottles) I will double check with the HSE and speak to H-pac to clarify the situation. I will then update the UKPSF web site.

Steve