Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

50 Caliber Revolution

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
many are talking about the price of kit adaption, replacement and so on.
in the tourney scene especially, we all know the majority of players are gear sluts and change markers quicker than there pants so why are you all commenting on it like its some kind of forced slavery?
a high percentage of the general population of ballers are so obsessed with new and shiney things that the oldest thing in your kit bag is liable to be the batteries in your hopper!
top and bottom of things is that the vast majority of tourney players could be geared up for it within a season and not even notice any change in spending.
think about it, how many barrels, hoppers, markers, packs, pots etc have you got duplicated in your kit bag?whats wrong with the old ones?
quite often nothing, other than a new one came out in another colour or with new shiney bits or so on.
i know this 'cos for more years than i can remember i've spent more on gear than i would care to count up,
some on updating stuff, some on replacing worn out kit and some just on better looking gear but i would say that on average most players replace every bit of the kit we use over the space of a couple of seasons at the most any way.
There are loads of tournament players who would love to swap markers every season but can't afford to, that's why people have objections to any enforced migration to new hardware. Making sweeping generalisations that all tourny ballers swap markers reguarly in order to dismiss the capital outlay associated with any move to .50 is inaccurate and unhelpful.

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
There are loads of tournament players who would love to swap markers every season but can't afford to, that's why people have objections to any enforced migration to new hardware. Making sweeping generalisations that all tourny ballers swap markers reguarly in order to dismiss the capital outlay associated with any move to .50 is inaccurate and unhelpful.
Making sweeping generalisations that you are being forced to swap is inaccurate and unhelpful

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
I was responding to the previous poster's comment on 'forced slavery', not making my own generalisation.

Im with you Gadget.

At first they were saying rec/scenario players for some reason want less accurate paint.
Now its moved on to the generalisation that tourney players love to re buy new kit every other week.

Honestly whats next? All american people are grossly overweight.
An awful generalisation. But, probably a better foundation to build a business model on than the 2 above.

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
Im with you Gadget.

At first they were saying rec/scenario players for some reason want less accurate paint.
Now its moved on to the generalisation that tourney players love to re buy new kit every other week.

Honestly whats next? All american people are grossly overweight.
An awful generalisation. But, probably a better foundation to build a business model on than the 2 above.
To be fair though no one says you have to buy it, if you don't want it don't buy it, if you don't want to read the hype or information don't read it......... It's your choice John

Oct 5, 2002
Sauf Koast
Andy, will dark sports be a paint sponsor for the Millenium? Obviously with who's involved im guessing it will be and rules added to include 50cal. Hopefully i'll have a go with the new stuff next sunday and ill post up my honest thoughts. I'll have to come and say hello to everyone and give ade some grief!

Spike

Platinum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Essex, England
www.GIMILSIM.com
GI Milsim are indeed a Platinum Sponsor...

Millennium Press Releases

See December 12th and November19th in respect of 50 Cal.

I will most likely be a BW next week with some 50 cal goodies to try.

The more grief you can give Ade the better - saves us a job and allows us to divert our attention back to real work knowing that someone else is taking care of the important things ;)

kamikaze_chris

"DODDSY"
Dec 3, 2008
guys u will always get people having a dig, 50cal is there for the consumer to choose and you cant do anymore than that, and allow people to choose for themselves, i for one will try it and pass judgement, i already have ideas on advantages and disadvantages of it, :)