Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

50's 50's 50's

ryanis007

I always hit the 50's off the break but every time I get there I can't do ****. To much paint coming my way. Should I just do people ugly from te break??? Get better backmen. I think the problem is they (backmen) are not going up far enough to atleast get shots or draw fire from me. Advice???

go-one

Glad you got there

Carry on what your doing. If your regulaly makeing the 50 on the break keep doing it. I make it about 60 % the times I try. Geting there's the hard part ! Once there sit for a while, let them chuck paint just stay tight. Remember, while there laruping you bunker there not looking @ your team mates, alowing them to get forward enough to support you properly. (which it sounds like they are't doing @ present) After they start paying attention to the rest of the field you can start working you angles and do the damage you just busted your gut getting there to do !! If you back guys are't doing ther job you may have to compramise your break. In the long term tho, look for players / a team who can do the job to allow you to do yours.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Modify your run

It's pretty obvious on walking the field exactly where front players need to go, and the fact that there is going to be a hailstorm of paint EXACTLY where you need to run is the other team doing their job well and that should be expected. One way of getting around that is to not be there when that massive initial volume of paint is being put there: take a 1-2 second stop at a mid field bunker then zigzag over to the bunker you intended to take. There's a gap between when the back players are laying out their first hopper full while their fronts are taking their bunker and when the fronts are ready to shoot while the back players are getting into their bunkers. It's just a simple delay that ever so slightly takes you out of the known lanes of fire when you're expected to be there, making all those hundreds of paintballs that had your name on them fly into empty air instead of your mask, gun, and chest.

The first time some team did that to us I was thoroughly pissed off. We got maxed in 2 minutes cause they did that...after we had maxed the previous team in 3 minutes cause I had sweetspotted their front guys off the break. Their effective method of avoiding my paint was simply by not being there when it was.

HostileIntent

Aug 18, 2001
MA
www.teamhostileintent.cjb.net
i play front and always make it to the 50 and basicly just draw the other teams paint while my back guys throw paint at them. when they duck in that gives me a chance to come out and see what people i have angels on and work to eliminate them. once that happens i simply get up and move to a new place and do the same if it hasn't already been done. kinda awkward method but it works well.:)

Shuck

Snoring Machine.......zzz
Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
By getting to the 50, you are a thorn in the other teams side. They are chucking paint at you constantly because you are in a vital position and they need you out before they can do anything. By sitting in there and keeping tight, constantly talking to your guys and staying alert you can wait till your team have made an impact and then pounce. Watch out for the bunkers though. An aggressive team will try and bunker you straight out of there! Countless times eliminations come in 2's and 3's cos of this tactic.

This is how it happens. The front player has survived the initial wave of paint and has time and a bit of space to work their bunker. They pop out of one side and POW POW, the 2 guys who had turned their attention away from you have just been taken out. You may ask why they have turned their attention away from you? Because whilst you were in the bunker taking all the fire, your teammates were moving and getting better angles on those players. The other team realise that, and most of them change to shooting at them leaving the angles wide open for you! You take them out and the whole of your team move through the opposition quicker than laxatives through an old person! DA DAH, you win another game!

Hope this helps. :D