Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

.691 Barrel, Paint Suggestions Please?

PhilP

Jan 28, 2010
Newbie, so please forgive if this is a daft question.

From what I've read, the critical factor in consistancy, air economy and accuracy is to have a good match between barrel and paint, so with that in mind, what are peoples reccomendations for a paint to match a .691 Stiffi Carbon barrel in 15 inch flavour?

A range of prices might be useful, although I don't mind paying a little extra for a premium product, if the extra moolah is going to give a suitable difference (just don't tell SWMBO)!

The barrel is on a Tippy A5, btw, and while I realise this isn't perhaps the most upmarket and consistant marker anyway, that's what I'm working with and want to nudge up the accuracy etc.

Phil

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Paint sizes can vary slightly from batch to batch even when using the same brand.

You'll find it makes very little difference in real conditions taking wind and general weather into account anyway, .691 one is a fairly good compromise for you.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
to be honest i wouldnt even worry about it, so long as your not using a barrel that is going to be too tight for paint on a regular basis you should be fine. i use a .693 which is big enough for most paint, so no problems, however smaller barrels like .689 and less will run into problems from time to time.

your .691 is big enough for most, and i wouldnt worry about matching the paint, just go out and shoot! :D

CRASH

Team Rampage
Sep 23, 2008
The Ghetto
to be honest i wouldnt even worry about it, so long as your not using a barrel that is going to be too tight for paint on a regular basis you should be fine. i use a .693 which is big enough for most paint, so no problems, however smaller barrels like .689 and less will run into problems from time to time.

your .691 is big enough for most, and i wouldnt worry about matching the paint, just go out and shoot! :D
I underbore and run a .682 most of the time, yet get no more problems than someone overboring. Only time i would use a bigger barrel is when using very badly dimpled, miss-shaped paint.

BDN

May 24, 2008
NW England
Comes in a box marked D Y E.

No idea which type/series, it's what the site sells on the day/evening....

essx

Sep 10, 2006
Essex
if your goin to worry about bore/paint matching you need to have a selection of sized barrels or a barrel kit with different bore sizes, such as a freak kit, or the backs to go on ur stiffi barrel. then u match the right back to the paint u are using, not the other way round!
like most of the others mention, a 691 should cope with most paints, you might get the odd one that doesnt fit!