Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

7 Man Tournament - Blackpool beach?

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
5 Man Tournament - Blackpool beach?

Just throwing an idea out onto the forum - please tell me if it's a really stupid one, but maybe there's something in it.

I took my little boy to Blackpool the other day, to take him on the beach there for the first time.

I have happy memories of Blackpool, since I was always taken there on holidays as a child in the 70's.

As he was running about on the beach, it occurred to me that if he can run on the sand without falling over, so can we.

So how about approaching Blackpool Council about throwing up a couple of Sup'Air fields up on the beach and having a quick limited paint event, for the people who can't afford to go to Huntington Beach?

Let me know what you all think.
:)

scott_peters

London Impact
Jul 9, 2007
cambridge
Could work but the beach is pretty close to the public footpath on the main promenade so dont think they would ever allow it, and besides all the players would be in the strip clubs

J.E_Bend

Banned
Feb 20, 2008
It wont happen anytime soon.

You have to bear in mind that it's cold, and not so sunny; compared to the slightly nicer climate on Malaga Beach, and Huntington Beach...

You talk of "throwing up a couple of sup'air fields", & "having a quick limited paint event"... Do you even know how much preperation, and safety/yellow tape is involved in organising an event, no matter how large/long; especially when it's in a VERY public setting!

No walk in the park/beach :rolleyes:

Tony Harrison

Mar 13, 2007
On the beach at Blackpool

Thanks for all your comments, people.

I'll let this run for a day or two to see what the response I get from the forum users, then I'll post up my reply to all the points made and let you know what response I get from the Council.

wongo

a.k.a Hanzo The Razor
May 31, 2006
The timing of this post is a bit spooky as a friend of mine is a development consultant working with Blackpool Council and recently he asked me what I had been up to and I mentioned paintball.

To cut a long storey short he said that a paintball event on the pier/ promenade was just what the Council and Tourist Board are looking for to attract people to the area. He mentioned the site that recently held the world volleyball championships (not quite sure on the exact event).

He said he could pass on contact details to progress this further as the Council and Tourist Board would be keen to help promote and facilitate such an event.

Not sure if this if on any help but I could get hold of the contact details if they are of use to anyone.

Tony Harrison

Mar 13, 2007
Paintball on the beach

Top Man, Wongo!

If you could get hold of the details and PM me, i'll buy you a beer!

Tony Harrison

Mar 13, 2007
Paintball on the beach

I'll take a shot at the organising etc - I know a few people that might help me if I asked them nicely.