Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

7 Year Break...keen to get back in!

Alansonit

Apr 12, 2015
Hi all,

I played paintball for my university team for about a year before I realised I couldn't sustain the sport I came to love, my studies and actually affording food! At the time I had a PM6 w/UL barrel, Proto top, dye trousers and a bunch of other items I can't remember.

I recently decided to jump back in over the summer starting with a pair of Dye i4 (2015s) but I was wondering if anyone could advise on the type of gear I should look out for to facilitate starting with walk-ons and then maybe some rookie tournaments. Looking for advice in:

- Markers: PM's seem to no longer exist. Ego's seem a lot more prevalent but my attention is drawn to Dye's still. I'm then puzzled about when gen I should be looking for!
- Loaders: The rotor was just coming out when I quit and seemed to be a bit of a game changer - did that stay the case?

If a Skype chat would be easier then happy to do that as this is probably a bit too open ended. Any advice would be gratefully welcomed!!

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
It all depends on your budget, @Alansonit !

If you don't want to spend too much, I'd recommend buying a second hand Etha & Gen 3 Rotor. Both of these should set you back around £200-£220. Get an HDE jersey (approx. £25-£30), and you'll be set for woodland or tournaments.

Where are you based?

Alansonit

Apr 12, 2015
Hey Rick, thanks for the advice.

If I decide to get back into it then my budget will be pretty large later in the year but obviously the weather starts to fade. For now I was thinking about parting with the price of a new pair of i4s and then £200-£350 for a marker, loader and as much of the other kit as I can get. I saw a DM10 going for about £190 as well which I was tempted by!

Based in south London currently but I should be moving near Camberley soon!

Reactions: Tony Harrison

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Markers are usually a matter of personal choice - what feels right to you. If you are in London, I would suggest making a trip to Bricket Wood - you will either find people training or some sort of tournament on.

http://www.bricketwoodpaintball.co.uk/

As a matter of fact, there is an event on at Holmbush this Sunday - its not too far from you. There will be a lot of players there only too willing to show you their guns.

http://www.holmbushpaintball.co.uk/location/