Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A Personal Statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idioteque

Test
Oct 21, 2008
Only dealings i had with Ypc was my refund for an £80 product that never arrived and took 3 months to process woop woop.

I once heard a wise man say.....

It's no use crying over spilt milk... Unless that was Robbo's milk. Oh you are so screwed.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
No, first of all I'd like say that I can appreciate people sticking up for somebody that they see as a mate. There is nothing wrong with that and I can only respect it. If I were forced to pick sides in an argument, I'd side with my friends no matter what, even if they were wrong. I'd tell them they were wrong afterwards, but I'd still be standing beside them. That's what a friend does...

However, in this case nobody is asking anybody to pick sides. Nobody is saying you can't deal with so and so anymore. All that's happening is that somebody is saying that company X is no longer allowed to (be) advertise(d) on this site. That is all.

Nobody has to pick sides guys. The rules will be enforced.

Kenny

I Play Paintball!
Aug 10, 2006
Good post Buddha3 - You have shown respect through posting without taking sides and I can definitely relate to sticking up for friends no matter what. I did speak to Robbo and he seems to be a good bloke with good intentions. I kind of expected that, I think forums are really difficult for discussion/debates and opinions in general which is why jumping on the blower is so much easier. For me I am trying my best to deflate what I feel could become a bigger issue with people arguing, forums slating each other when it really wont help any of us. Sounds cheesy but we are all on the same team, we all try our best to promote paintball, well I do for sure. It just doesnt look good for people to see this paintballers or yet to be paintballers. I cant remember who said it but it was a great statement "The future of Paintball is in the hands of the people yet to play Paintball".

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Good post Buddha3 - You have shown respect through posting without taking sides and I can definitely relate to sticking up for friends no matter what. I did speak to Robbo and he seems to be a good bloke with good intentions. I kind of expected that, I think forums are really difficult for discussion/debates and opinions in general which is why jumping on the blower is so much easier. For me I am trying my best to deflate what I feel could become a bigger issue with people arguing, forums slating each other when it really wont help any of us. Sounds cheesy but we are all on the same team, we all try our best to promote paintball, well I do for sure. It just doesnt look good for people to see this paintballers or yet to be paintballers. I cant remember who said it but it was a great statement "The future of Paintball is in the hands of the people yet to play Paintball".
Kenny, whilst your post bears some of the hallmarks of 'sounding' reasonable, it unfortunately glosses over some harsh truths.
I agree, it does our sport no real good to see people slating each other but in this case, it's a necessary evil.

If sable had kept his mouth shut instead of constantly maligning myself, this site and the federation then this thread would never have been posted.

You mention that the future of our sport is in the hands of people who have not yet played .... sable has been saying things that are totally untrue and reasonable to people who do not know the political landscape and could well believe his cr@p ...what do you suggest I do Kenny, let that situation continue or put the record straight???

Neither choice is good but the lesser of evils has to be, I post the truth of the matter.
In my opinion, the man is a consummate liar, he has no integrity, no standing and no right to continually attack the federation ..... his attacks say much more about him than it ever could about what the fed are trying to do.
I stand by what I say and what I do and will be judged accordingly, what's he got???

Ask yourself this Kenny, if I am lying in what I say, then why don't people like abbott and sable sue me????
If I was lying, they would have a green light all the way to the courts .....
I ain't a stupid man, do you honestly think I would be saying these things if they weren't true??

As for abbott, he knows full well he committed fraud in attempting to steal what was mine; problem for him, a lot of other people witnessed his actions and if it went to court they would have to tell the truth ...... this is why I haven't heard from abbott ..... he just has to sit there and take it ...... I detest him and what he stands for, and for him, this will never end.

As for sable, once again, people were involved in what he attempted, and those same people would hardly commit perjury to back him; after all, if you commit perjury and you gonna get your ass banged up!!!

Look at what's going on Kenny and then get your ass as far away from sable as you can get it otherwise you will get tarred with his brush .... it's inevitable.

Kenny

I Play Paintball!
Aug 10, 2006
My post is aimed more so at people posting with out knowing whats gone on. There have been many posts on here from Members who just want to throw their "opinion" in. Like me you have read the posts made here, check how many say "I dont know either of the parties" or "I dont know xxxxxx but..." its a bit of a post fest.

For me this threads over as I see paintball as something I enjoy in my spare time and this is not fun.

Take it easy and hopefully we will meet in person one day.

wings

The Firm
Nov 30, 2007
Halifax
I think the one thing that this whole 'debate/discussion' has highlighted is that sportsmen/women are terrible at politics and that politicians are terrible at sports.

I'm going to tell you a story about a friend I had whilst at university and maybe it might help you understand how Robbo feels about the two people in question. My friend had suddenly took a dislike to this person, before they were very good friends. His dislike was not without reason yet it bothered no-one else as much as my friend. His dislike turned to hate over time until it got to a stage when he could not be in the same room as this person without feeling sick.

I'm not suggesting that Robbo feels exactly the same way, but; he clearly hates the two people in question (I think hate is a fair word to use) and doesn't want to see anything that affiliates with these people within his forum. I hold no problem with this it's his forum and any advertising he should regulate.

However open public forums should not be a place where people can be attacked personally. I think a statement as simple as I do not affiliate or trade with the individuals and recommend you do the same would of sufficed.

I believe we are at a golden phase in paintball, in the next few years I think we will see a boom (well as soon as we come out of the current economic crisis that will make it as big as it is in America. However until we have a framework of foundations the development will be limited.

I am grateful for all the hard work that everyone has put in over the last god knows how many years that have enabled to ball today, that includes both Robbo and Andy.

I just think that for the sake of UK paintball everyone needs to work together and there needs to be a body that governs the whole of UK paintball, which as far as I am aware is what Robbo and the federation is trying to do. But all I would say is that as Chairperson Robbo you have to separate the personal and the professional, you are meant to be the role model for all ballers. I'm not saying that you should look at politicians as role models but all their personal issues are kept well within house. If Mr Darling does not like the cut of Mr Browns jip, does Mr Hutton know about it? Probably not. Do we as the public know about it? No.

No-one is perfect, I'm not perfect, Robbo is not perfect, Andy is not perfect and hell Jack Bauer even makes mistakes from time to time. I just hope and I really do hope that EVERYONE learns a lesson from this and that it does make the sport stronger. To quote Nikki Giovanni:

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to error that counts."

For those that do not know me my name is Ben. I am from the north but went to university in the south. I have met Andy a few times however I do not know him. The extent of what his has said to me is the following: "I really like to double tap" and "if your bottles leaking put an o-ring in your airport". I love paintball and hate politics.

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
Robbo, All I said was that pointing out it wasn't a Federation statement doesn't remove the association between you and the federation.

I'm sorry I was 'ignorant' enough express an opinion.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I think the one thing that this whole 'debate/discussion' has highlighted is that sportsmen/women are terrible at politics and that politicians are terrible at sports.

I'm going to tell you a story about a friend I had whilst at university and maybe it might help you understand how Robbo feels about the two people in question. My friend had suddenly took a dislike to this person, before they were very good friends. His dislike was not without reason yet it bothered no-one else as much as my friend. His dislike turned to hate over time until it got to a stage when he could not be in the same room as this person without feeling sick.

I'm not suggesting that Robbo feels exactly the same way, but; he clearly hates the two people in question (I think hate is a fair word to use) and doesn't want to see anything that affiliates with these people within his forum. I hold no problem with this it's his forum and any advertising he should regulate.

However open public forums should not be a place where people can be attacked personally. I think a statement as simple as I do not affiliate or trade with the individuals and recommend you do the same would of sufficed.

I believe we are at a golden phase in paintball, in the next few years I think we will see a boom (well as soon as we come out of the current economic crisis that will make it as big as it is in America. However until we have a framework of foundations the development will be limited.

I am grateful for all the hard work that everyone has put in over the last god knows how many years that have enabled to ball today, that includes both Robbo and Andy.

I just think that for the sake of UK paintball everyone needs to work together and there needs to be a body that governs the whole of UK paintball, which as far as I am aware is what Robbo and the federation is trying to do. But all I would say is that as Chairperson Robbo you have to separate the personal and the professional, you are meant to be the role model for all ballers. I'm not saying that you should look at politicians as role models but all their personal issues are kept well within house. If Mr Darling does not like the cut of Mr Browns jip, does Mr Hutton know about it? Probably not. Do we as the public know about it? No.

No-one is perfect, I'm not perfect, Robbo is not perfect, Andy is not perfect and hell Jack Bauer even makes mistakes from time to time. I just hope and I really do hope that EVERYONE learns a lesson from this and that it does make the sport stronger. To quote Nikki Giovanni:

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to error that counts."

For those that do not know me my name is Ben. I am from the north but went to university in the south. I have met Andy a few times however I do not know him. The extent of what his has said to me is the following: "I really like to double tap" and "if your bottles leaking put an o-ring in your airport". I love paintball and hate politics.
Andy, whilst some people are working hard to try and lay the foundations of a better future for UK paintball, others (abbott and sable) are working against it ..... their protestations, accusations and points, are without real substance and dripping with personal agendas.

This is not politics Andy, this is willful malice that uses the federation as a means to an end...I think it's obvious to most people what that end is ....and please do not introduce any notions of paranoia as a back door for these two, I'm not paranoid at all, they have made their bed, now they gotta lie in it.

A lot of people are telling me to work together to bring about this better future....but that is EXACTLY what I, and the other members of the federation are doing ..... if you wish your comments to have a meaningful consequence, then ring up abbott and sable, and tell them what you have posted here.
And as for you suggesting public forums aren't the place for 'unveilings' such as I have posted ..... yeah right !
There are no remits for forums such as these, as long as the posts do not contain offensive or extremist language then pretty much everything is fair game.

I think you posted for the right reasons and some of what you say is credible but I'm afraid you've missed the mark in several of your suggestions.
The point is, I ain't perfect, and nor is sable or abbott but in true Orwellian style,
we are all born imperfect, but some are less imperfect than others ..... I'll let you work out who's who in that one.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Robbo, All I said was that pointing out it wasn't a Federation statement doesn't remove the association between you and the federation.

I'm sorry I was 'ignorant' enough express an opinion.
Andy, expressing an opinion isn't ignorant at all mate...but expressing an ignorant opinion is...your post was ignorant because I had stated quite clearly that my post had nothing to do with the fed...you chose to ignore that unequivocal statement in favour of making that connection..... then by definition, if you ignored something and went on to state your opinion ...then that's ignorant.

I take your point that there is a connection but when that connection is categorically distanced, then you might understand why I responded in the way I did.

wings

The Firm
Nov 30, 2007
Halifax
A lot of people are telling me to work together to bring about this better future....but that is EXACTLY what I, and the other members of the federation are doing ..... if you wish your comments to have a meaningful consequence, then ring up abbott and sable, and tell them what you have posted here.
So if they came into contact with you and said let bygones be bygones and start again for the good of the sport you would be happy to extend out an olive branch? It would be very big of you to do so If that's what you are suggesting.

And as for you suggesting public forums aren't the place for 'unveilings' such as I have posted ..... yeah right !
There are no remits for forums such as these, as long as the posts do not contain offensive or extremist language then pretty much everything is fair game.
It may be 'fair' or legal but that doesn't make it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.