Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Accuracy upgrades

MagikMurlok

Jan 23, 2016
First of all I am relatively new to paintballing, although I do fully understand that paintballing by it's very nature is not going to be very accurate and that "snipers" essentially don't exist in the game. What I am asking is what are my options for enhancing my accuracy considering what I am already doing:
I have an empire axe with this http://www.ansgear.com/Empire_Super_Freak_Barrel_Kit_Autococker_p/empiresuperfreakkitpblk.htm
I use the generic paint that they give sell on the walk on days where I live, the kind and make change almost every time (I think it's whatever they can get via bulk for cheap)

Considering that, what are my options for further increasing my accuracy as much as possible?

Thanks

Narkadox

The Man With The Golden Gun
Jan 3, 2013
Accuracy is pretty much all down to paint. There's nothing else you can really do to a marker other than make sure it's clean and maintained to make it more accurate.

Cheaper paint or paint that's old/been stored incorrectly = crappy accuracy.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Consistency

The barrel insert set will allow you to match the balls
If the paint is bad you will not have consistency between balls, if good paint then they will be more consistent

Are they spinning off in vastly different directions? Which would indicate the paint is not so good

Go out on the range and fire a good amount of paint - size up the paint, and fine tune as per the hammerhead guide:

http://hammerheadpaintball.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=40

There is also the false impression of the oppositions accuracy over yours:
At a distance it appears your balls are falling short or spinning off but incoming are all around you - they could just as well be ineffective and at the extent of their range
Get nearer

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Paint and practice. The more you invest in both, the better your accuracy will become.

Good paint at events is maybe a fiver extra per box but oh so worth it.

MagikMurlok

Jan 23, 2016
So you guys don't think I need to do anything with my barrel or hardware of that sort?
And I will certainly look into getting some better quality paint. This question came into play when lots of us were using the same meh paint but some of us were certainly shooting better than others and some were more accurate then me. Which was what sparked the question what can I do to improve my situation.

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
An axe with a freak is as accurate as anything out there mate. No need to buy anything other than decent paint. Maintenance does play a role in accuracy and consistency though. Was your axe new or secondhand and what sort of variance are you seeing at the chrono?

More experienced players will always seem to be more accurate just practise.

Last edited:

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
So you guys don't think I need to do anything with my barrel or hardware of that sort?
And I will certainly look into getting some better quality paint. This question came into play when lots of us were using the same meh paint but some of us were certainly shooting better than others and some were more accurate then me. Which was what sparked the question what can I do to improve my situation.

Make sure your gun is clean and functioning with a fresh battery. Keep your barrel clean or use soap and water from time to time, not just a fluffy stick. Learn how to strip and clean your gun, it's not difficult, daunting maybe but not difficult. YouTube is your friend. In the mini/axe make sure the poppet is clean and lubed and you'll be golden.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
You've gotten great advice from everyone in here.

Here's some of the reasons why they're saying what they're saying.
Paint to barrel match - paintballs are round (hopefully), shooting them out of a smooth bore barrel is like old school musket rifles. If there are gaps around the ball, it will rattle around as it launches from the barrel. If the paints been sitting for too long it can settle to a side and cause it to wobble.

If you break paint and paint gets on each ball as it leaves, it adds weight to a side, causing the flight of the ball to wobble. Now you can get some wicked curve shots but those aren't always wanted.

So keeping the overall bore match to the paint you have is important. Also remember paint will shrink/swell depending on heat and humidity. I changed freak inserts 3 times in 2 hours during an event because it was swelling due to heat.

Personally I believe that the best match is putting a ball in the back of the insert, it rolls forward half an inch or so and takes a gentle puff to blow it through the insert like a blowgun.

So good paint to barrel match, practice to be able to hit what you aim at consistently, and you'll be golden.

MagikMurlok

Jan 23, 2016
An axe with a freak is as accurate as anything out there mate. No need to buy anything other than decent paint. Maintenance does play a role in accuracy and consistency though. Was your axe new or secondhand and what sort of variance are you seeing at the chrono?

More experienced players will always seem to be more accurate just practise.
Thanks guys :) and it was new. About 20? something like that, sometimes it's only 10.

And is there any specific kind of paint I'm looking for? Or some form of guidance for it? Don't know a single thing about paint xD

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Thanks guys :) and it was new. About 20? something like that, sometimes it's only 10.

And is there any specific kind of paint I'm looking for? Or some form of guidance for it? Don't know a single thing about paint xD
Find out what the top grade is eg gold, then buy the next one down. Always worked for me :)

Reactions: Spikerz