Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Advice for novice

Alex79

Apr 5, 2015
Hi guys, I'm looking for some advice on equipment please, I've decided to take the plunge and invest in my own kit, I've decided to buy a planet eclipse etha marker as it has nothing but good reviews and spare parts are very easy to source, which is important to me. What I don't have a clue about is which air bottle to get and what kind of hopper to get, any advice would be great, also anybody know of anywhere else to source used equipment,

Thanks
Al

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Goggles are most important. Something you find comfortable, there is lots of info on goggles throughout the forum, much of it is still personal, so getting to a walkon / shop / event to try some on is always best.
When buying second hand always factor in the cost of a new lens just in case.

Air - You could spend £150 on a nice fibre wrap giving 4500psi when available, a curved base to roll in your shoulder and a choice of shapes and sizes for ergonomics. But unless you're flush in cash and know just what one you want then go for a standard 3000psi aluminium at about £30 to £40.

Hopper - Its not worth compromising with a gravity on the Etha. Go straight to electric and a force feed.
A great budget one is the Halo Too, but also consider the Rotor or a Spire.

Don't forget some pods and a pod belt to carry them, a fluffy etc.
Any sports bag or holdall can be used to carry it all.

To buy second hand gear there is this forum once you have 20 posts, eBay and hundreds of Facebook sale groups

Demo2222

Mar 29, 2015
if you do buy a fiber wrapped air tank second hand it is important to note both the date the tank was manufactured ("born date" printed on the bottle) and the date of the most recent hydro testing if applicable(will be an affixed sticker if it is not a new tank).

Fiber wrapped tanks have a total service life of 15 years, and most must be hydro tested every 5, so it is obviously better to buy a newer tank when possible.

the halo too is a good suggestion. If you choose that route, try to find one with a rip drive on the bottom (little wheel like thing under the loader to help with jams if they do occur)

Mar 16, 2015
Lowestoft
Yeah I would definitely look to buy the mask before anything because there is nothing worse than having to wear the uncomfy rental mask, since I've got my own I find it so much easier to move about without the mask falling off or anything like that, you just enjoy the sport in general so much more! Definitely recommend the i4's but really you've got to try before you buy and see what you like best!

AndyPandy

Jan 30, 2015
West Midlands
Hi and welcome to the forum... As always tommikka speaks a lot of sense... All depends on how much of a plunge you want to take I suppose but as already pointed out don't compromise on your mask... After that you need to decide what sort of paintball you are going to play...? Woodsball or Sup air... This choice can dictate your choice of kit... Woodsball and you are looking at more milsim type of stuff... Sup air you are looking at equipment performance and more "flashy" colours... Clothing as well is an important part to consider... A bounce vest is always a good buy as it not only protects your body from some of the sting but can also cause a ball to bounce which in Sup air can make all the difference... Best of luck finding your way in this exciting sport