Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Advice needed

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
The A5 is great - but it's a highly reliable mechanical. You can upgrade and modify everything on it but it would become a money pit

If you want a simple good reliable then it ticks all the boxes
But as a beginner you will move on quickly. If youre happy to put it aside in your bag as an occasional fall back then great, but there is the danger of being torn between upgrading and replacing

A reliable electronic gun will serve a starter much longer, I still have and keep bringing out the ion i bought 8 or 9 years ago and it always puts a smile on my face
(I also have my x7 and it does the same to me!)

briggsy1uk

Sep 29, 2014
Funny you should say.that as ive just seen an ion xe with load ofextras for £100..good deal???

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Probably - I'm no good on valuations, but you can't go too far wrong with ions

If there is ever an issue with it Gommie of Luxe paintball is also the tech for Gog/Smart Parts and the knowledge on ions around is not lacking
There are however many good electronic guns for not a lot of money, so it's no longer the dominator of entry level electronics

If you have a link put it up and we can check out the extras

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Theres info on the hopper here:
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/loaders/pulse/

Not the greatest in the world, but a force feed so it will do the job

The cylinder is worthless as its out of date, and isn't really worth retesting.
However if it's only beyond the marked expiry it may be usable. Aluminium cylinders can be legally used for 10 years even though they will have 5 year markings. Not everywhere will let you use it though

Valuation for the package will probably need someone else to comment, but I believe I've seen ions in the region of £60
You're getting extras here, but it depends on if they are worth it for you

southernP8nt

Aug 20, 2008
Honestly, if you can afford to spend a bit more then it's much better to spend a bit more.

You'll get much more value for money on something like an older Etek (2 or 3), Ego (07/08/09) or Empire Axe than you will from that Ion, and if something does go wrong with an Ion they are a complete pain to get spare parts for.

At the end of the day if you can find another couple of hundred to add in, buy a good second hand marker, cylinder and hopper then you'll get a setup which will last you for a long time, or if you decide paintball isn't for you then you'll be able to sell it all on for pretty much what you paid for it.

briggsy1uk

Sep 29, 2014
Thanks for replies, its seems a bit of aminefield with.regard to getting an older marker and whether you can still get parts. A newer model like an etha may be the way to go.

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
Thanks for replies, its seems a bit of aminefield with.regard to getting an older marker and whether you can still get parts. A newer model like an etha may be the way to go.
I would strongly support purchasing an Etha, either new or 2nd hand. Even 2nd hand it will get the support from Planet Eclipse. Planet Eclipse markers are highly recommended given they are robust and reliable