Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Advice on Bottles

Jamesk2093

Jun 22, 2014
Hi all. I am looking at getting a fibre wrapped bottle, but have little knowledge when it comes to fibre wrapped bottles.

My question is what bottle/ brand should I get? I know most of these bottles are around 130-180 new, so that would be my budget. Or does it really matter what bottle I get?

It would also be helpful to know if to get a 0.8l or 1.1l, and what bottles have the best profiles.

Help is much appreciated!

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Consider what fills you have available where you play, how much paint you shoot, the efficiency of your gun and that will tell you how much capacity you need
http://www.scubatoys.com/paintball/paintballshots.asp

Then which bottle that covers that capacity is the right shape and size for you
Go around to either shops or events and get the feel of your gun with a selection, or ask people at walkons to get a feel

Watch the video below for how to select the right size

kaihros

Jun 18, 2014
I've recently heard that you have to keep the air pressure high when not in use, is this true?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I've recently heard that you have to keep the air pressure high when not in use, is this true?
Not high, but it would not hurt to keep some pressure in the cylinder.

For scuba divers there is the real risk that damp will get in, and in the long term cause corrosion inside and subsequent failure of the cylinder.

Paintballers don't normally put their cylinders underwater so there is less risk of this.
However if it is fully depressurised the fill nipple will be loose and the 'general atmosphere' can get inside

Jamesk2093

Jun 22, 2014
Me personally I would get either a supralite fuel bottle 1.1l or the safer 1.5l bottle, both extremely light.
if you don't care about it being light then the GI sports bottle with reg is a good reasonably priced bottle.
Thanks for that! Just took a look online and they look good... And weight is fairly important. I have been looking at the GI ones, are they heavier than others?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Normal fibres are lighter then the equivalent aluminium. But balance is more important, get the balance right and the difference is negligible - unless you are slight and weak

Ultralights such as safer and fuel realy do come as described and the weight difference is very noticable

Reactions: Jamesk2093

Jamesk2093

Jun 22, 2014
Normal fibres are lighter then the equivalent aluminium. But balance is more important, get the balance right and the difference is negligible - unless you are slight and weak

Ultralights such as safer and fuel realy do come as described and the weight difference is very noticable
Thanks! I am popping to the shop in the week, the only way to feel the balance is by trying it!