Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Advice on this used marker

Conner93

Sep 29, 2014
hey, I'm looking at buying a used proto rail paintball gun, I was just wondering if there is any obvious things I should ask the seller about the gun and if there are any other things I should look out for when buying this gun, i have a picture of the gun and a few extras that are included which I will include in this post so you can see it, all help is appreciated thanks!

I also forgot to say that I've already asked a couple questions to the seller, this marker he says he bought in 2011 and has only been used a couple times
Also howmuch would you be expecting to pay for this lot? Thanks

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
How much is a 2011 Proto Rail brand new? Have you checked the Dye website for a comparable price check? How much is he asking for it?

I dont see any extras. I see a set of allan keys, lube and orings, which probably came with it in that box you see. The barrel condom probably came with it, but maybe £5 new. The hopper is worth nothing - a few quid, and the metal bottle is probably £30 new.

So depends on the price of the gun. Dont think he will be making his money back on nearly 4yr old kit.

Conner93

Sep 29, 2014
Thanks for the reply, he's wanting £100 for the lot, there's a special offer on 1 of the paintball websites, can't remember which 1 off the top of my head, but the gun on that site is currently about £166

401kill

Mar 7, 2013
Aberdeenshire
I paid £120 for a used 2011 Rail last year (including postage etc). It's had some reliability issues, and I think it has now packed in, but it was good enough as a first marker. I think it was quite heavily used before I bought it as well.
If it's old kit, worth checking the re-test date on the cylinder, as that will probably need doing at 5 years.

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
Last two rails i bought i got for 60 quid each brand new :S but they were very cheap

Conner93

Sep 29, 2014
Cheers for the reply's I think I'm going to buy the proto rail new for £169 atleast I know everything should be in perfect condition

Thanks