Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

After some advice please.

Sanchez

Aug 22, 2011
So basically i was the middle man by using my PayPal to take payment in a friends marker sale through a b/s/t FB page.

My friend advertised and posted the marker out to the buyer after i received the money and all was well for 7 weeks until i get a lovely message from PayPal saying that he has now opened a claim against me.

Im pretty annoyed about it tbh, as now i can't use my PayPal account until it is resolved, which i know, was a risk i took by using my account.

The problem is, now the buyer is asking for a partial refund to get parts repaired after 7 weeks of owning and using the marker.

I have even seen pictures on FB of him using the marker.

Where do i stand on this? Just want it resolved quickly as its getting gone my nerves tbh.

Thanks

Labouch

Sandana whore!
Aug 12, 2011
Dorset, England
I would say get copies of these photos so they can't be deleted by the buyer. Send these photos to paypal showing the item in use by the buyer, it sounds to me like the buyer has damaged the marker and is trying to avoid the costs and I'm sure paypal may get the same opinion.

Did the buyer try and contact you or your friend before the claim was opened?

Sanchez

Aug 22, 2011
Already have the photos saved.
He had contacted my friend ask my about replacements/ partial refund. Will find out when that was..
The pictures I have are dated the weekend after the gun was sent to him

Labouch

Sandana whore!
Aug 12, 2011
Dorset, England
Yeah find out when that was and also what was said/agreed when the buyer contacted your friend.
What was wrong with this marker supposedly?

Spookls

pain is temporary pride is forever
Oct 21, 2013
Leicester
Tell PayPal that it was a paintball gun that way it will go in your favor as they are not covered by the buyers protection policy

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
What they said, sounds like the buyer is pulling a fly one. Common enough practice, have seen it loads of times here.

Tell paypal it was a paintball marker, provide them the pics of it in use and see where that brings you.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
That marker was obviously working ok when he bought it

Trying to make a claim after 7 weeks is taking the piss - was the purchase made on here?

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
digressing slightly, but if paintball markers are 100% not protected then is there any reason other than convenience for using paypal on here now? At least if you use bank details then phone your bank and say you want to make an indemnity claim they will pull your money back pretty much no questions asked.

as for the issue in question, I'd probably chuck in the fact its a second hand product, sold as seen. The old man recently got a car from auction which was in perfect working order then literally later that day it broke down and has cost £100s in parts. wish we could've started crying about it to the auctioneers for a partial refund!