Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

After some Air Bottle advice

lite'em_up

Feb 17, 2014
crewe
Im looking at buying a new air bottle and noticed i can buy a brand new one and ship it from usa for less than buying one in the uk ..

But is there any regulations that would stop me being able to use this bottle in the uk?? As somebody toild me that they have differnt regulations in the usa to over here and dont want to buy one if that is the case.

Any advice would be appreciated ...... Thanks

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
I wouldnt bother importing... go to one of the site sponsors such as @L.i.P.S

The reason is aside from needing the pi mark (dot standard is the US equivalent) the costs of shipping, import duty, VAT etc will erode the savings

Plus if you have any issues, you can easily discuss with a UK supplier

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Be wary with importing, if it's not pi marked then it's no good here. Even if the same bottle is available in the uk it does not mean the one sold in the us has multi national markings.

Import and you have to factor in the purchase price plus international postage, then on arrival import duty/VAT becomes due. This means to receive it you first get a bill for 20% of the valuation plus a handling charge of anything from £8 to £20
The valuation could be either the invoiced $ cost price converted to £ at the current rate or a considered valuation of what it would cost in the UK

Save the importing for something that is particularly special

RusRuss

Dec 21, 2013
Cornwall
Also, as tempting as it may be to save a few pounds, I always believe it's better to support companies within the UK. The market isn't as big over here as it is there, so I'd rather be putting the extra few pounds in to the pockets of UK companies. :)

lite'em_up

Feb 17, 2014
crewe
Yh cheers lads appreciate it I was looking at a dyevthrottle but not thought about if something goes wrong and import duty yh it would only end up saving me about £20 and I would be waiting forever to get it by time it's gone through customs

Reactions: alexd