Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Aggresive or Defensive??

Discussion in 'Gold Board' started by Burb, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Burb #1 Soi Cowboy.

Burb
    Message Count:
    Which do you all prefer, and why?

We played our first tournament at elsham, and played fairly aggressive (as this is how we played at training days) But we discovered that most teams who we played against played really defensive.

So yes we did get pounded!!

Whilst watching some of the bigger teams, we noticed that they hardly moved of there first bunker, until they had elimiated a few people?

Whats your opinion people?

2. Alex Hicks. Just your average lunatic

Alex Hicks.
    Message Count:
    Agressive: I get bored easily. If you loose you loose. If you win agressively you look the dogs bollocks.

3. Simon Malone New Member

Simon Malone
    Message Count:
    Bit of both

Defensive breakout, getting lots of paint in the air and doing damage in the first 30 seconds. Aggressive once breakout is over set up you fronts in their seconds and go to work.

Enjoy

4. Kieran - Thunder Jiggy

Kieran - Thunder
    Message Count:
    Sicknote

Yeah... that and getting a couple of front guys into the 50s off the bat is always nice then playing the rest of the game in an aggressive but controlled way... moving back guys up a step asap helps a helluva lot :)

5. Simon Malone New Member

Simon Malone
    Message Count:
    Very true Jiggy

Although you will always need someone in the back corner stand-ups, just in case it all goes to pot and they have to cross it up.

You missed a good day on Sunday dude, hope you can make the next one:D

6. Joao Duro New Member

Joao Duro
    Message Count:
    Aggressive? Wot d’ya mean aggressive?! There ain’t no aggressive!!! just ballllllllll. See ‘em go, go, go…mug, hit dirt, pop up again... go, go, go...:mad:

Sorry guys. The tubes are out now.:rolleyes:

I always try 2 play aggressive. Can’t expect for the slump back guys to fire it up. It’s up 2 da front wackos. Now, I don’t mean blind dumb, always bitch da back guys 4 cover paint and open eyes.

7. KillerOnion Lord of the Ringtones

KillerOnion
    Message Count:
    Well, it's more of a question of what you can do effectively versus what you want to do. If a team can be moved on, move on them at first possible opportunity. If they're too tight and too fast on the shot, try to pick them off first then move. You can TRY to play aggressively or defensively and lose IF THAT'S NOT WHAT YOU'RE MORE CAPABLE OF DOING THAN THE OTHER TEAM IS. Also, walk the field and find out. Those three factors are what determine it: your team, the field, and the other team. Paintball is common sense. Do not depart from it.

8. PaintballBudgie Stroke the badge Kenneth!

PaintballBudgie
    Message Count:
    Agressive!!!!

get the game over quickly then back to the Bacon Buttie stand.

9. Mysteriousmoose The moose you never see

Mysteriousmoose
    Message Count:
    Agressive as Hell

You have to move like theres a fire in your pants, on my team there are no back players. We rush right off the break and lose 2 or 3 but we take the 50 almost all the time. From there you can't slow down. Alot of time I see teams get a really good breakout and then they friggin sit. The first thing I do is ask myself: Who's shooting at me, Who on my team can shoot at them, What route puts the most bunkers inbetween my run and the other team. Then get yourself cover fire and run. If you get hit, too bad. Learn from it. Ask yourself: Who shot me, who could've shot me, what could I have done to not get shot. If you made it in thats great. Get up and look but don't get shoot. Hopefully the move you made just opened up an angle for you to shoot someone out. If it didn't, you should've walked the field better. If it seems like everybody and the refs are shooting at you sit tight and start talking. You just moved up but you can't move without a good line. Talk to your players. Ask them who needs to move and when. Where you are you can probably provide some valuable insight onto whats going on in there back line. When the time is right help that person move by shooting at someone or even taking a suicide bunker run. Remember your not out until the ref calls you out. If you're running to someones bunker and you feel a sting but don't see it break keep going, I say unless the paint splatters your mask don't stop. Bunker the guy and then stop. However there are exceptions like if a ref is moving with you and calls you out on your run then you should stop. See I'm not actually breaking the rules, I'm just bending them. Keep up the leapfrog pattern of movement and whatever you do don't lose momentum. You want them to be pushed back. This keeps them on their feet and the are more likely to make a mistake. Jump on these mistakes because thats often what will break the game open. Remember you can lose a few players in a push, but if you lose too many, your momentum will suffer severely. Its a system of balances. Remember that paintball is 80% mental 10%technique and 10% speed

10. PaintballBudgie Stroke the badge Kenneth!

PaintballBudgie
    Message Count:
    Very Aggressive!!!!!

If i stay in one place for too long my back man shoots me, sorry Mark!

Has he got a gun yet?