The Home Of European Paintball

Aiming

Mark Bryant

Jan 27, 2002
Surrey, UK
Visit site
A LITTLE TRICK !

hey,

This is how i do my quick snap shooting. When i am behind my bunker i quickly pop my head in and out. after i have done this i put a photo of the feild in my head and remember where everyone is. Then pick a bunker in your head with a guy behind it and quickly pop out wile shooting at the bunker.
just a little tip, dunno if it works with other people, or maybe i am an AlIEN !!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :)

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
The way you aim needs to be instinctive otherwise you will never be accurate when it REALLY counts, any fool can sit there and aim at targets or whatever, but when youve got a split second to hit the edge of a hopper for example, this kind of practise obviously wont help you.
By 'instinctive' I mean that you will have to learn to be able to guess accurately where a ball is going to go, just by looking at your opponent. You must never use the gun to aim, you must always look at what your shooting. This means that after youve fired the first shot, youll be able to guess roughly how you need to adjust your shooting position to make the second ball more accurate. Given enough practise, you will be able to look at your target and shoot that first ball with a high degree of accuracy.
Obviously, the smaller the target, the more practise it will take to hit it first time.
The other issue is the way you hold your gun. A major skill of front players is to be able to keep tight, this seems to have brought lots of long drop-forwards on to the market which bring the gun closer to the players face. Although this does allow you to get tighter when firing, your accuracy will suffer because your field of vision is reduced (by the marker been closer) and you will be less able to hold the gun steady.
Before you start to practise your snap shot, practise holding the gun tightly is your hands (but still comfortably) and work on making sure that the way you pull the trigger does not cause the gun to move. Your whole 'firing' style/setup will greatly effect your aim, so you might want to start here and then work on narrowing that margin of error down to the first ball you fire......good luck, and practise ;) :cool:

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Matski's post is dead on about instinctive shooting, and the way to get at that is having the proper drop forward that allows for your gun to shoulder correctly and at the same spot every time, a barrel that shoots consistently straight and is balanced to go evenly with the weight of your gun and tank, the right size tank, and hold your gun with a slight degree of tilt towards one side or the other, about 20-30 degrees or so in the direction opposite your shooting hand (if you shoot right handed, tilt left and vice versa) and sight over the top.

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
Why not pratice?
Set up some targets, with a big ass sheet behind them.
Choose a good distance then snap shoot at them (pop up from behing your bunker and fire a few shots at each target)
This way if you miss then you can re-use your balls.

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
killer onion....are u trying to tell me that u aim over the top of your gun? i dont quite get you......how often have you tryed using your 'method' in Pro divison?....you see, i have, and my method works for me.

do whatever you feel is right for you guys, i dont expect anybody to take my advice, youll just have to learn the hard way