Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air Bottle issue??

CaveMan

Best EU..
Jan 30, 2008
Haverhill, Suffolk
Okay, two little brass looking things on my tank need to be replaced and I'm not sure what they are called. One has a hole in and the other doesn't (if that helps). Also i have a Stako if that is any problem?

Thanks in advance.

CaveMan

Marc0

IronWolf
Feb 18, 2004
Sleeping in Bracknell.
www.p8ntballer.com
Why do they need to be replaced ?

They should not be touched unless they blow which would indicate a serious problem.

HP disc is rated to 7500psi which should not fail as you can only fill to 4500psi and the LP one is rated at 1800psi for the outlet which should only fail if output spikes for some reason.

get it done by someone qualified to do so.

Laters :)

CaveMan

Best EU..
Jan 30, 2008
Haverhill, Suffolk
Basically one of them burst and I'm not sure which one did so i would like to replace both of them.

It was filled at my local site and randomly burst. Also it was not me who filled it ;)

Thanks for the help so far and would i just use any sort of tool spanner to take them both off?

CaveMan

Best EU..
Jan 30, 2008
Haverhill, Suffolk
I'm sure they don't because there compressor is quite slow and they only filled it to 2.5k.

Also if this helps the tank was quite warm afterward, whether that's normal of not for a Stako I'm not sure...

Skeet

Platinum Member
Sounds like your reg is older than the bottle. Burst discs do eventually go, due to fatigue or maybe if it was faulty.

Anyway, the one that has gone, you will see the hole in the bottom of it, when you take it out.

The disc should be captive to the brass bit, unlike on CO2 where the disc was separate and made of copper.

You could replace both. They will state on them what each is rated at. One will be 7.5k and the other about 2.5k or something similar for the low pressure side.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
As Skeet has already said, the 1.8k burst disk can fail due to fatigue. Just replace this one, the 7.5k disk rarely fails.