Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air bottles without reg?

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Why doesn't anyone sell new air bottles without a reg attached? You can buy regs on their own - so why not bottles?

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
To make air bottles safer. Manufacturers sell bottles with their own brand of reg loctited onto the bottle so:

A) They know the reg the consumer will be using is graded on their own quality standards

B) They know the reg the consumer will be using is torqued and loctited to the bottle so the idiot that tries to unscrew the reg while the bottle is pressurized doesn't hurt himself and sue the company.

C) They sell the same number of regs as bottles and keep better control over their stock and profit.

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
OMB - I know all that - so why sell regs on their own then? That sort of pee's all over your argument (all be it a sensible one) as any idiot can change a reg over (I've done it - with a fair bit of brute force).

You can buy car parts on their own - and it's the customers fault if they blow themselves up!

Then there's the bottles that are out of test (for whatever reason) - most people only bin the bottle - not the reg as well. I'm sure a lot of people would simply buy a new bottle rather than even pay for a new test in the first place (if they were cheap enough).

Which brings me nicely on to snipa's post. £100 for a bottle on it's own seems expensive when I can get a 'set up' one for a bit more. And this one for only £40!

*shrug*

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
OMB - I know all that - so why sell regs on their own then? That sort of pee's all over your argument (all be it a sensible one) as any idiot can change a reg over (I've done it - with a fair bit of brute force).

You can buy car parts on their own - and it's the customers fault if they blow themselves up!

Then there's the bottles that are out of test (for whatever reason) - most people only bin the bottle - not the reg as well. I'm sure a lot of people would simply buy a new bottle rather than even pay for a new test in the first place (if they were cheap enough).

Which brings me nicely on to snipa's post. £100 for a bottle on it's own seems expensive when I can get a 'set up' one for a bit more. And this one for only £40!

*shrug*
Yeah, but how much can you get a 1.1 litre fibre wrapped botle and reg for?

TBH, if you're slinging a bottle due to it being out of date then, the reg, being a mechanical part, is probably not at it's best anyway.

The market for regs was probably a lot bigger while people were switching from adjustable regs (Angel A.I.R, Maxflows, etc.) to pre-sets. As regs get dammaged (dropped on their threads etc.) and wear there is a market for replacements too.