Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air fill stations

b0ned0me

Born to be Bald!!
Aug 9, 2001
Death Mountain
Visit site
I'm about to get a gun equipped with a 3000psi air rig. I'm also thinking of getting a 300bar scuba tank.

The question is, can a 300 bar fill station step the pressure down to 3000psi, or would I need a 232bar tank/fill station to avoid blowing the air bottle to bits?
:confused:

Dan 2

Jul 16, 2001
Jersey
www.dur.ac.uk
Normally you just open the valve until the gauge on the bottle reads just under 3000 psi and then close the valve to stop any more air going in... :) Just as long as you don't just leave the thing to fill up then it will work just fine on a 3000 psi system...

Coran

Admirer of Nick T's hair
Jul 16, 2001
East Grinny, UK!
www.bullswood.com
One point is to fill slowly and as the needle approaches 3000psi start to open and close the air rig in small increments to avoid over filling.

Overfilling shouldn't be disasterous because the burst disk will go, but it may cause a brown trousers moment!

Dan 2

Jul 16, 2001
Jersey
www.dur.ac.uk
Yep and lots of running arround trying to find a replacement bottle/burst disc you can use if this happens in a tournament (been there done that :) )

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Not many. You need true high pressure air at 3000 to 4500 psi, and due to that high a pressure also require it to be at breathing quality to avoid contaminated air

So paintball, scuba and the fire brigade

Co2 is a different matter but should be avoided anyway