Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Air - is it worth it for entry-level marker?

Discussion in 'Gold Board' started by QuackingPlums, Nov 28, 2002.

1. smartecosse 5.5.20.22.19

smartecosse
    Message Count:
    u only get 1 fill to 4500 and then the pressure will drop over the day. hence a bulk fill tank or series of tanks depending how professional/rich u r!!
    leave the tank in the safe area and gas it between games, if they are on CO2 unless u have a really inefficient marker they wil be filling about the same or more than u

2. b0ned0me Born to be Bald!!

b0ned0me
    Message Count:
    the solution to that is....

Two guns!
    One decent one and one low-end CO2 as a spare and for playing against people you should be able to beat with a rental if only you were willing to put up with the banana barrel, broken trigger, gas-outs etc. you get from site guns.

With a scuba the top rated you normally get is 300 bar = 4350 psi

However it is 12 (or sometimes 15) litres and your on-gun tank is 1-2 litres. So you can get one or two fills past 4000 psi, then they will progressively drop off as you empty the scuba, but one scuba should let you play through a day. I believe you can also get foot pumps for topping up from 3000 or so up to 4500.

And if you are lugging a scuba you will soon either be Mr Too-well-muscled or Mr Too-well-crippled. They are not light...

3. QuackingPlums Go get a wee-mee!

QuackingPlums
    Message Count:
    the solution to that is....

Well I guess when I do eventually upgrade I'll have the Spyder as a spare anyway, and if the air conversion isn't permanent, I can revert that to CO2 and use it as my "spare"... lol - listen to me... I only got this last weekend!!! :D

4. Red_Merkin IMHO

Red_Merkin
    Message Count:
    ok, your best bet is to get a preset screw in. You'll get a good flow rate into your marker,and you don't need to worry about setting it up properly. If it's preset to 800 psi, then that's about right for your spyder.
    you can buy one for about $100usd online, or Planet Eclipse have them too. Center flag also make good preset bottle reg combos.

You can get dive bottles that fill to 310 bar which is in the neighborhood of 4500 psi, you don't need one that's brand new, as surface test on dive bottles is longer than underwater test dates, and you won't be taking it underwater (i hope)

You'll pay for your dive tank in about a year if you play semi-regularly, so it's a good investment. Search online for your local dive shop, and call to see if they have any used dive tanks for sale, or know of anyone who does.

A spyder is a low end marker, there's no other way to put it. Putting an angel air (or any other high end airs system) on it is like putting racing tires on a ford fiesta, it's a big cost, and it's not going to make that much difference on how your gun works.

good luck

5. QuackingPlums Go get a wee-mee!

QuackingPlums
    Message Count:
    So 800psi is the figure I'm looking at? Thanks for the info! I'll bear that in mind when I'm shopping :D

6. FUBAR Yank Car Nut!

FUBAR
    Message Count:
    QP,

I bought a 1.1litre Air America Melee air system for my AMG (thats gonna turn up soon!) its a preset screw in system so if you end up at a site that only uses CO2 you can just unscrew the air, and screw in the CO2. Simple as that. No Dive tanks no faffing about (although im now thinking about getting hold of one so I can shoot some paint @ home)

it was about £160 factory preset including VAT & Delivery

I have yet to use it yet tho :) it will be making its debut & Sparklies on the 15th :)

FUBAR

7. FUBAR Yank Car Nut!

FUBAR
    Message Count:
    750-800psi is the output pressure for CO2 btw

FUBAR

8. QuackingPlums Go get a wee-mee!

QuackingPlums
    Message Count:
    oooh oooh oooh ooooooooh!!!! I wanna see it?! :D:p:D

Where did u get it from? (haha, it costs more than my marker, actually... :))

9. Cube MQ2'ing my E-Blades

Cube
    Message Count:
    Fubar,

I seriously doubt you'll get a full day out of a 1.1 unless of course you don't shoot much paint. A fill bottle is a good investment. Seems a shame to invest in Air then have it run out during a day and have to go onto CO2 cause the site you're at don't do air.

Just a thought :)

10. FUBAR Yank Car Nut!

FUBAR
    Message Count:
    sparklies has yummy 3000psi air all day on Academy days :) as all her site guns run on air :)

FUBAR