Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air or Co2, whats the difference?

Davidg31

Mar 1, 2015
Hi

I've been told that co2 bottles have constant pressure so that you can shoot faster if you wanted, whereas air it fluctuates? Might be wrong I'm new

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Hi

I've been told that co2 bottles have constant pressure so that you can shoot faster if you wanted, whereas air it fluctuates? Might be wrong I'm new
Yes you are right, it is wrong, air is constant, co2 fluctuates. Air pressure in the bottle reduces every time you shoot but seeing as it's regulated down from 3000/4500psi to 800 psi or lower by the regulator you will never notice. co2 is in liquid form in the bottle and isn't regulated.

Davidg31

Mar 1, 2015
Yes you are right, it is wrong, air is constant, co2 fluctuates. Air pressure in the bottle reduces every time you shoot but seeing as it's regulated down from 3000/4500psi to 800 psi or lower by the regulator you will never notice. co2 is in liquid form in the bottle and isn't regulated.
Ah okay thank you for clearing that one up for me, I need to buy a bottle anyway aha

Reactions: Canon Fodder

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Hypothetically if you regulated a CO2 bottle to say 200 psi I don't think it would fluctuate, not that anyone would have any reason to try it.

wrenny

Jun 2, 2011
Derbyshire
once you hold a carbon tank (i used a .8l guerilla) with an invert mini the weightless-ness is brilliant makes you so agile out on the field. yes very expensive and i think you have to test them every 3 years and not 5 unlike other tanks but if you are hardcore about paintball and go every week or 2 weeks apart it pays off as your days out are much faster and fuller and you dont feel like your arms are going to drop off at the end so you can still lift a pint tp your face after a hards days work.