air system question

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
See here:

http://www.oaklandsfestival.host56.com/web_documents/air information.pdf

Note this does not currently cover the subtlety of full aluminium cylinders legally being valid for 10 years (UKPSF published the hpa1 with the simple aluminium / steel 5 years, their website under law brings up 10 years)

There are different styles of filling stations, not many shown and I will publish with other examples one day. The principles are the same and you should check with the site for familiarisation before filling (and check you're allowed)

Generaly you can tell that a flat bottomed cylinder is 3000psi max, a curved bottom is probabky 4500psi but there are some that are 3000psi max
Check the labels and make sure you dont get confused with the 'failure pressure'

Sometimes people change over the regulator:
mix 3000 regulator on a 4500 cylinder and you've just made it 3000psi max (ok but people can easily choose the wrong fill and blow it)
Mix a 4500 regulattor on a 3000 cylinder and it might seem fine in theory to use 3000psi, but the burst disks will be meant for 4500 cylinders and you then lose the safety controls

Tippmann Sam

Feb 5, 2015
Wales
I have just visited the store that used to fill my co2 bottle now that I have the guerrilla air bottle i went there to get a refill which the guy said is fine but I need some sort of adapter any one know what this is?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
What you specificaly require will depend on what they are going to use to fill for you.
Assuming they do it from a Scuba cylinder then you need an adaptor with either an 'A clamp' or 'DIN fitting'

A clamp:
a clamp 06022011_115028_scuba filling station.jpg

DIN fitting:
DIN hp-fill-station.jpg

An example using an A clamp: