Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air tank disposal

the machine

Mar 29, 2011
middlesbrough
Ok I have an unused steel air tank that only cost me £30 but I just realised it's coming up to its test date. I don't use it so don't see the point to get it tested for it to just sit there. So what do I do, how do I get rid of an old air tank?

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
glue some card fins to it, spray it green and splatter some brown paint on it, then put it neck first into the ground of a local park or something, then the police or bomb disposal will take it away for free for you.
Alternatively don't add fins or spray it, take it to you local dump (reg off) and throw it in the metal section.
I find either way works, just depends on what mood I'm in.

Andyb117

May 20, 2014
Scrap yard might give you a few ££ for them, wouldn't be much but better than nothing!

Spookls

pain is temporary pride is forever
Oct 21, 2013
Leicester
Would.you be willing to sell the reg from it
Ok I have an unused steel air tank that only cost me £30 but I just realised it's coming up to its test date. I don't use it so don't see the point to get it tested for it to just sit there. So what do I do, how do I get rid of an old air tank?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Remove the regulator by unscrewing

But: make sure the air is drained fully, you won't drain to zero (there won't enough pressure to get up to the regulators output) but you will 'loosen' the pressure and ease the threads

If it is not loctited then it will just be tight, and can be unscrewed with some elbow grease

If it is loctited then heat will be required to break the seal and grip

If the threads on the cylinder or regulator are damaged in the process then that item becomes unsafe. No problem to the cylinder as the intent is to dispose

If you do go ahead check out YouTube for guides

Andyb117

May 20, 2014
This is the best video i found on youtube for removing a regulator. Only thing you need is a vice and some wood :)