Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air Travel to World Cup

Lane

Jul 14, 2001
Georgia, USA
Visit site
I have just spoken at length with representatives from Delta, American, Continental, United, Northwest, and Southwest Airlines.

There have been no changes to the policies involving checked luggage since the events of on the11th. The only change in policies are concerning carry on luggage. The main things stressed by each is that you arrive at the airport 2 hours before you scheduled departure time for domestic flights, and 3 hours before departure time for international flights. Make sure you have all air systems completely empty. And make sure you do not try to carry any paintball equipment with you in your carry on baggage.

It is recommended that you tell the check in agents that you have paintball equipment in your bags and be prepared to show that your equipment in the proper order for air travel. Specifically make sure that all air is removed from your air system. It is preferable to have the valve removed from the system, or at least remove the burst disk.

I have also spoken to several of the hotels in the Orlando area. For those of you who choose to play it safe, you can ship to the hotels. I would recommend calling the hotel that you have rooms booked with and making them aware that you have a package that will be delivered for you, and that you will pick it up when you arrive.

For those flying in from outside the USA. I cannot get in touch with anyone in customs who is willing to discuss the procedures they will employ with arriving passengers. But, there is nothing illegal about paintball equipment. I suspect the only problem you will possibly experience is a bit longer look through your things if you are indeed stopped for inspection.

So it seems there will be little if any problems flying with your gear. Be upfront that you have paintball gear. Do everything possible to make it obvious there is no air inside your tank. Arrive as early as possible for departure. And , for the really challenged out there, do not attempt to take anything that could be remotely thought of as dangerous into the cabin with you.

I would still recommend calling your specific airlines for your own peace of mind. I've listed the numbers below.

Delta - 800-241-4141
American - 800-433-7300
Continental - 800-523-3273
US Air - 800-428-4322
United - 800-241-6522
Northwest - 800-225-2525
Southwest - 800-435-9792

Lane Wright
Paintball Sports Promotions
(770)687-3115 - phone
(770)687-3110 - fax
lanewright@atl.mediaone.net