Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

AirSoft

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
Airsoft is cheaper than paintball, a bag of 3700 bb's costs around £15 and the guns cost from £180 up to £500 ish
also any semi or full auto gun over 328 fps is considered a class 5 fire arm (I think) generally its a lot cheaper than paintball so as more people catch on we may be in trouble, but I doubt it air softers are after something else.

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Arghhhhh,

Why oh why won't this thread Die. P8ntballer.com, nuff said.

Airsoft is for Christopher Mcveigh wannabes, and people who can't stand pain. If anything should be banned it is Airsoft, I mean it's pretty difficult to rob a bank with an Angel, airtank and hopper full of paint. Replica M60's is a different matter.

To illustrate a point: Played Pball at a site in Newburg, NY in September. The site was also hosting a Airsoft day, queue people showing up with replica M16's, Barrat .50's, M60's etc etc. One guy has M60, side arm and a 10" hunting knife in his flak jacket. I mean what's he gonna do when he runs outta pellets??? slot someone, gut them behind a dorito????

If we can distance Paintball from this psychotic nonsense, perhaps we could get Pball recognized as a proper sport.....

Rant rant rant.

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
OK OK I know this thread should be closed but I just wanna say one thing.

WE look down on airsofters as freaks coz they run around with guns shooting each other. What hope have ballers got for everyone else to accept us if we cannot accept others for their hobbies? To the outside world we are just playing a different version of "shoot each other with toy guns"

Maybe if EVERYONE respected each others wishes to spend their free time doing whatever they wanted ( as long as no one is being harmed) then maybe paintball would have been seen as a sport long ago.

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Yes, we should accept others for their sport. I have no problem with snowboarders, Golfers, footballers, snooker players etc etc.

But since when has using replica fire-arms (which eject mock shell casings) and 10 " combat knifes been a sport????

Excuse my tone, but this is just mock war. I appreciate that Airsoft is played on a honor system (of which I applaud and some ballers need to take note of), but I think this image is damaging to Pball. I already get called Stone the Combat Gnome by my mates as it is, and only subscribe to the Super Air side of Paintball. Woodland ballers I have no problem with, I just think Airsoft is a step too far.

Sorry if I sound prissy, just my "honest" personal opinion. :confused:

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
Personally I think people who think like you are the reason why paintball has such a bad image ( please dont take offence by this as I am not having a go at you) Paintball is seen by people who do not play it as you see airsofters. A bunch of rambo wanna be's playing war in the woods. WE should accept that airsofters are just doing what they think is fun without hurting anyone, because thats what we want others to do to us. How can we expect people to be tolerant with us if we cannot be tolerant to others?