Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Alex "Rat" Heath - RIP.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Alex's funeral was yesterday and it was attended by many people who were part of his life whether they be his family or the friends he had made in the re-enactment fraternity and paintball.
Several tributes were made to Alex that detailed their experiences with him but the most touching was the one made by his mother - a more impassioned and emotional elegy would be hard to conceive, how the heck she managed to complete it was beyond me.

Alex had some serious difficulties to negotiate just to stay with us all let alone participate in paintball, and it's testament to his courage that he managed to play the role he did in our sport.

It's very easy to say nice things concerning those who've passed away because it's expected and inappropriate to speak bad of the recently deceased but in Alex's case, he deserved every single tribute that people made because even though he was significantly disabled in several ways, he still managed to find a lot of time to help other disabled players.
He created and managed Team Unlimited for disabled players along with Bryan Leaver, and did many other things to help promote disabled players being able to participate in our sport - it's 100% warranted and justified that I state that, 'Alex was one of the world's good guys, he got taken from us far too young, his game had just got started' :( ....

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Pete, Thanks again for presenting Bryan's written tribute during your speech at the service. It was good to see you again yesterday - I just wish it had been in happier circumstances. I've added a further update and comments on the Unlimited team page.

Gary

Reactions: Bolter

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Cheers Gary - it was good to see you and likewise, I wish it had been for a different reason - but I think overall, he had a great turn-out and send-off.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Some say that the measure of the man, is in the celebrations of his life when he passes. If he was sent off with cheer and happiness, then he impacted those around him in a positive manner, and that's all the best of us can hope for. To be remembered with smiles and good memories.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
There were over well over 150 people present with about 25 from his re-enactment friends but only three of us turned up from paintball ...... I wish I could report something different but I can't ... I know this much, Alex put more into our sport than he took out.
That guy did so much for other people that it puts most of us to shame, including me - I wish I had but a fraction of his humility and consideration for others but life has other ideas it seems ..... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Spikerz