Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

All Air Escaping from Barrel

Mukflash

Nov 3, 2014
Hi,

I have a VL Orion Paintball Gun on ebay, bought used, my first marker.

I bought a Gorilla Air Tank rather than CO2, and when i attach air tank after its filled, to my marker every single bit of air comes out extremley fast from the barrel.

It was sold to me as in full working condition, so before i return marker or leave bad feedback, could i be attaching my tank to the marker wrong somehow? Im literally just screwing it on after ive filled the tank with air, and its draining the lot from the barrel in the matter of 5 seconds.

thanks

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
All you normally do is just attach the tank and off you go

Does should like a o-ring that might have gone ?

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Did you cock the gun before you put the bottle on, if you didn't the valve will be open slightly thus letting the air through though the air pressure should close the valve. Try cocking and firing the gun a few times before fitting the bottle this may help if the valve is stuck.

Mukflash

Nov 3, 2014
Did you cock the gun before you put the bottle on, if you didn't the valve will be open slightly thus letting the air through though the air pressure should close the valve. Try cocking and firing the gun a few times before fitting the bottle this may help if the valve is stuck.
pretty sure it was uncocked.

from reading other peoples posts having this issue, they seem to describe slow leaks when its an o-ring that needs replacing, this is literally draining a just filled complete tank like 20oz in 5 seconds.

I bought a scuba tank, so have air on hand to fill my bottle for a couple more times. Will make sure 100% uncocked and report back.

Mukflash

Nov 3, 2014
wait so i pull it back, cock it before i put the tank on?

no i didn't have it cocked i dont think. I thought i should leave it uncocked when fitting?

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
As others have said cock it first, if it still does it try turning the velocity down, could be set too high and holding the valve open, if its still doing it try putting a few drops of air tool oil in your ASA before connecting to bottle and cycling the marker a few times with the barrel off, if its still doing it your cup seal might be loose or damaged, personally I'd strip the marker down to see but if you are not experienced / confident to do that send it back to where you bought it.

Mukflash

Nov 3, 2014
Just an update, cocking it before attaching bottle worked, its firing.

Next problem though lol, All the balls are just falling out of the barrel when pointed downwards, or when left upright firing 3 at once, nothing to support the balls from falling out when in the chamber. read somewhere this could be an indent or something? argh!

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Just an update, cocking it before attaching bottle worked, its firing.

Next problem though lol, All the balls are just falling out of the barrel when pointed downwards, or when left upright firing 3 at once, nothing to support the balls from falling out when in the chamber. read somewhere this could be an indent or something? argh!
yeah guns have whats called detents to stop the balls rolling out. they are fitted behind the small metal plate on the body just below the feedneck. you'll need to replace them to stop the balls rolling out.

tbh you've been sold a gun in what sounds a sad state. i'd just return it and get your money back.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
The VL Orion is just a basic Spyder clone and not a lot can go wrong
The balls dropping out or multi feeding will be due to a lack of detents

Best case I would say is ask for your money back

Also are you in the UK? If so its against ebays policy to sell paintball guns, and against paypals policy to process payment

You could fix it up, but if you can find detents then it's not realy worth the expense

Get your money back (or a good partial refund)
Idealy you paid very little, if not then you can do much better for not a lot of money