Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

All on your lonesome with a few boxes of paint

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
Scenario :)

If you had the above, but no one else fancied balling. You had access to a few supair bunkers and a field to use. What are the things you would work on, and with what would you use to aid your training.

Ie. pots on poles sicking slightly out the side of a bunker and practice snap shooting at it :)

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
What you saying then Jay?

Do what I said above but snapshoot at a long distance?

Anything else you can think of solo you can do to improve your game?

Could do with improving my running and shooting as well if anyone has anything for along those lines :)

Puda_Vida

i'm loving every minute
Nov 18, 2003
Minnesota
hey, also practice shooting left handed if you usually do it right and vise versa. so you can pop out easy on both sides. also trying set up some pots or something and see how many you can get while like running to a bunker off the break or something! also if you can practice like shooting while sliding so you can slide into a bunker so it's harder for them to shoot you and you can shoot them. At the local rec area this weekend and saw a kid take out two people in one slide shoot! it was crazy!!

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
set yourself up some bunkers then put some targets (pots on pole is a good idea or better yet buckets) in the lanes between the bunkers.

then starting from the flag base with your marker as you would in a game, break out to a few different places seeing how many targets you can spray on the way in.......for example break to a back corner whilst emptying a hopper down a lane, if you are hitting a bucket on a pole, a player wouldnt stand a chance.
then try it breaking to the 50 etc!

another good one to practace on your own is potting up...daft as it sounds but how many players do you know that can keep fireing and pot up at the same time....i know i can do it!
put yourself in a bunker, throw a beam of paint at a target (a bunker is fine as it simulates keeping a player in) and try to pot up with without letting up or taking your eye off the target for too long.

3rd idea...practace wrapping bunkers. put yourself in a nice bunker and have 2 target bunkers a distance apart. rattle one then keeping the paint their pop out for a look at the 2nd, snap a couple of shots and then switch back to the first whilst getting back in cover.....after a few goes you should be hitting the 2nd bunker and a few more you should be tagging the player behind it looking the wrong way!

4th idea...i like this one...picked up the idea after watching panic attack at campaign! people always say dont play over the top of bunkers and they are right most of the time BUT its also a nice way to catch people off guard.....set yourself up in a bunker with targets behind and to one side of other bunkers, now pop up from behind your bunker and snap shoot at one of the targets but FAST you will only get a split second to get your shot in in a game, but shooting from where people wont expect you to appear from can be brutal in a game...also try mixing this idea with pinning another bunker....so come out the side of your cover, rattle a bunker then quickly stand, spin on another target then get back in cover and back on the first target.

heheh i could go on all day! i do a lot of practice at home in the house....peeking out round corners, snapping at the tv! drives the misses mad! hehe i even snap out round corners at work...with what ever i have in my hand a marker!

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
tax some cones from some building site....

place them in a zig zag formation the same distance from a bunker to a bunker.

then start at one end of the cones and run at the next trying to hit the top 2 inches, stop shooting the cone about 2 yards away from it and switch hands as quickly as you can and start shooting the next cone on. repeat for as many cones as you go through. works best with about 4-6 cones....

then when your proficient start spacing them out and then do the drill again and repeat again etc etc....

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
thats why you'll not go far in the game.
its all about practice practice practice.

you dont get as good as the rest without it.