Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Allen Key Set [uk]

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
Wrong,i've have Snap-On tools and price doesn't always reflect quality.I've had Snap-On tools break on me and then gone to use,say,a Sykes Picavant tool for the same job and it's done it admirably.

I guess your one those who's spent ££££ on tools and your trying to justify your outlay by saying it's quality when 'lesser' brands would do the same job just as well for less money.
You know what they say,a fool and his money :rolleyes:

So what is a REAL engineer then :confused:
RIGHT!
OK, so lets just justify this:
>Snap-on are overpriced and no better than other good quality tools such as sykes, but you buy them and providing you don't loose them, then you have tools for life under their lifetime guarantee.
>I have spent thousands on tools but only because i bought cheap sh1ite in the first place, broke them all a few times and then had to buy the quality stuff which has lasted me years and will now see out my working career.
>lesser brands do not do the same job!
>a fool and his money?......it depends on the application that you use the tools for doesn't it?
>I'm a "real" engineer in the fact that i service and repair mechanical handling equipment from tiny stuff to 25Tonne+ machines and everything else you can imagine, lorrys, coaches, bulldozers, cranes, etc etc. I just used the highlights around "real" to point out that i was not a washing machine "engineer" or a photocopier "engineer", all of who would be fine with draper stuff as it's made of plastic like most photocopiers.
>I speak from experience and have broken enough fingers snaping cheap tools, to know what i'm on about.
>i'm not a tool tart as you seem to imply, but have the quality gear where needed. for the average paintballer snap-on, facom, britool, sykes, etc is overkill, but any gun tech will tell you just how often people come up to them saying they just rounded off a bolt.
>so the other old saying is also true; you get what you pay for!

SiBirm

Nov 18, 2006
Timmy Allen keys

Does anyone have a set of timmy allen's?? I've got an 02 and an 06. do i need both Imperial and Metric??

cheers

Oily

Big kid
Jul 30, 2006
Radcliffe,Manchester
RIGHT!
OK, so lets just justify this:
>Snap-on are overpriced and no better than other good quality tools such as sykes, but you buy them and providing you don't loose them, then you have tools for life under their lifetime guarantee.
How wrong you are.I've lost count of how many tools i've handed back to the sales guy,only for them to have it for weeks and then say its not going to be replaced due to 'improper usage',even though the tool has been 'pampered'.
Their 'lifetime' guarantee means absolute jack.It's just a sales ploy.

>lesser brands do not do the same job
Thats because your blinkered by the shiney,don't ask to borrow my tools, Snap-On sales crap.
Lesser tools will do the same job,some people just won't accept the fact that 'other' tool brands are capable.

for the average paintballer snap-on, facom, britool, sykes, etc is overkill
Exactly my point,it's overkill.He'll strip down his marker maybe once or twice a month.Providing he uses the correct size allen key and uses it in the right manner,Draper,Halfords Pro range and all the other 'lesser' brands will suffice.If he's a gun tech,stripping down markers all day long then 'invest' in some Mac,Teng etc tools

>so the other old saying is also true; you get what you pay for!
I'll say it again,high price doesn't always reflect quality,mostly your just paying for the 'designer,fashionable' name.
I can name a few products that are identical,that have the same internals,same quarantee etc but badged differently and the 'lesser' known brand is half the price.