Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Another newbie...

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
Hi there, firstly welcome to the forum, and secondly to the wonderful world of Paintballing

what sort of disabilities do you have?
On our team we have amputee's to people with site issues and myself being in a wheelchair.

the Team trains mostly at Campaign in Cobham and plays the Southern Masters series but working on playing other tournaments and big games.

we're not limited to tournament play, if scenario and woodland games are more your thing we play that too.

drop me a PM if your interested.

Mr_Wolf_Is_Innocent

THE Big Bad Wolf
Aug 28, 2014
Isle Of Thanet
Thank you again Tommikka, some very helpful insights, I get where your coming from with mixed, TBH I doubt I would use First strike rounds, they are rather on the expensive side.. I remember how much more powerful first shots from a freshly lubed up air rifle were, and suspect the FS - normal paint ball difference would be similar.. but definately wouldnt need FS in my garden, its only 50' long.. lol

Hi Rat and thak you, I have a lower back problem, that causes severe sciatic issues, so I have 4 leg drive, I am a little slower, and cant "take a dive" for cover, I am afraid my geography is poor, so will have to look up Cobham on a map, but if I can get to somewhere, I'd love to have a go, there is a place almost across the road from me that do some events, so I might see if I can get a few people together and get a proper feel for it.. (and the pain of getting hit..). My Daughter has been and had a go, So when she's next over, we will see what we can organise.. (http://www.paintballingatquex.com/)..

This all started from just wanting to target shoot in my garden.. lol..

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Quex looks like a standard punter site, so just go and have fun
Check the pricing out and go with an entry deal with preordered paint, go for 500 paintballs if you will be light on the trigger finger, 1000 if you fancy a good firefight. If in doubt go for 500 and then buy more later on the day. More if you're rich
Avoid buying in 100s, the optimum price at punter sites is usually 2 bags totalling 1000. Buy as a group and share out the paint

As you've not played before and were just interested in target shooting before, don't be tempted to see what being shot feels like. Save that for a game
Get shot by a paintball in cold bood and it will hurt, both on impact and a tender bruise, also if someone does not realy want to play and hides at the back they will have the same pain. Get pumped up with excitement and the first paintball hit will have pain (like being slapped) then you realise it didn't realy hurt and has gone away, you will hardly notice the rest

(Plus with your health issues you will laugh in the face of a paintballs impact - pain is just relative)

If you have your own goggles bring them, but the chances are the site runs co2 so just stick to their guns for starters. (Photos and the video don't give me an absolute view but the indications for co2 are there)
Note the girl with protective glasses is there in the video for artistic licence. Always use proper paintball goggles

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
Mr Wolf, if you use facebook have a look for our page "The disabled paintball community!" and Team Unlimited Disabled Paintball

Mr_Wolf_Is_Innocent

THE Big Bad Wolf
Aug 28, 2014
Isle Of Thanet
another Quick Question, I have been reading you cannot send CO2 capsules (sparklets/12grams) in the post, and I have no idea of a local seller (am still looking). but this affects us all I am pretty sure, does anyone know of, either a local (canterbury area) place, or somewhere online that will send Via courier who will carry them? and are they 100% the same as the ones you get for the oldfashionned "Soda Siphon" (forerunner of the Soda stream) systems?

Many thanks

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
They can be posted in the appropriate post, so to buy from a commercial retailer you can order them online.
They are the same thing as used in other industries but you need to make sure it's the right size/style of 12 gram
You certainly don't want the threaded 12 grams

Reactions: Mr_Wolf_Is_Innocent