Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Any downside to using a remote line?

stv363

Aug 12, 2013
South Shield
www.facebook.com
I have a tippmann a5 with a Saw kit, however it could be a little heavy. Is there any disadvantage to using a remote line and having the tank on a belt? I need to strip as much weight off it as I can and that seems like a good start.

M4rkm93

You stay classy!
Sep 13, 2012
Coventry
Plus I can imagine it might get frustrating if it was to snag on trees, etc.
You wouldn't have as much mobility as you would without remote line.

Rocket_Rob

Banned
Feb 14, 2012
Cambridge
universal-exports-pb.com
I use a remote line for secnaio play, i love it as it allows you to use a harness to hold the marker. I use a remote line cover to stop snagging.
I also use a remote line fill whip, as it get a bit anoying when you have to ask someone to help you re-fill your tank all the time.
For wieght saving they are the best, i have never have a problem with them. I have used them on numerous markers from A5 upto GEO3.

Reactions: stv363

stv363

Aug 12, 2013
South Shield
www.facebook.com
A totally different point of view there. I think there are a few matches so I might try both, without the line for the first game and see how it goes, then if its too heavy switch to remote for the second. I have a line cover so that's good to hear!

M4rkm93

You stay classy!
Sep 13, 2012
Coventry
Just because it has a cover on it doesn't mean it won't snag. Also I wouldn't recommend using it on a tourney style marker such as a GEO 3, you need need the bottle to act as a stock.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Better start to removing weight would be to take the saw kit off and use your bottle as a stock, stick a sling on it so you ain't carrying the weight on your arms between games and you'll notice a difference.

Some love remote line, others hate them, although I've always noticed those that love them always quote the weight side of things while festooning their marker with accessories which achieve nothing but adding weight.

I have one but he only use it gets nowadays is as an easily disconnected air supply for markers I'm checking for leaks.

Try taking the stock off and using the bottle as a stock with your mask on - it'll probably give you a better sight picture anyway.

stv363

Aug 12, 2013
South Shield
www.facebook.com
How would I go about using the bottle as a stock? Would I need to buy a kit for that? I wont be taking the saw kit off as we're all having scenario markers, I know its a bit stupid when talking about loosing weight however I like the realkstic aspect. I have a sling on now so thats a good start.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Just screw the bottle onto the asa at the bottom of the pistol grip, it'll look too low at first but you'll probably find it's comfy with the back of the bottle in your shoulder or under your shoulder.