The Home Of European Paintball

Anyone going NvS?

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Yikes, there are many, are you camping?

Here's a few that come to mind, I'll edit this if I think of more.
  • Bring everything you think you might need, seriously, nerd out now and make a list. This includes cash
  • Get a decent pair of boots that you are comfortable wearing for very long periods and being on your feet continuously
  • Bring/drink lots of water. Of course there should be lots of booze but don't forget to stay hydrated
  • Sun cream, the sun tends to come out at NvS and sunburn sucks
  • Make sure all your kit works in advance, if there's a problem either try and get it sorted before hand or make sure you're fully aware of it and take your gun to one of the techs at the site as soon as you arrive
  • Don't pickup all your paint at the start of the weekend and leave it to rot in your tent overnight. Most of the paint suppliers will hold onto it in decent storage conditions.
  • Chrono early and frequently
  • Take as much paint and air out to games as you can carry/afford. If you shoot a hopper's worth over the chrono setting yourself up, go refill and make sure you are brimmed.
  • If there's any bits and bobs you want/need to buy it's worth getting in touch with your favourite retailer who'll be there (Just Paintball) and make sure they have stock put aside for you
  • Don't forget your ticket or wallet, I did this once...
  • When your ticket and game pack arrives. Read all the rules and know them inside out, understand how the games work. Take your map out with you on the games
  • Depends which side you're on but try and track down your general, the North usually has a command post near the chorono. They'll give you the best advice on where to go if you want to get in a good fight.
  • Use the transport options provided, there can be a lot of walking but Warped lay on minibuses which can be very very helpful
  • Wear a watch, pick up something cheap, you will need it.
  • Don't piss paint away on silly longballing engagements, the game area is massive and sometimes fronts can form of people needlessly flinging paint at targets they'll never hit. Try and flank, move around as much as possible, shoot at targets you can hit.
  • Don't be afraid to go on banzai charges, there's usually a respawn point nearby, have fun and be aggressive.
  • Be careful with friendly fire, last year I probably got shot more by my own team than the enemy.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlfieT

roy2k14

FE
Oct 13, 2014
East Midland, United Kingdom
This guy knows it all, I think another thing worth mentioning is don't camp near bushes or trees in the camping site, as people tend to go have a quick loo there in the middle of the night rather than going to the portaloo nearby.

AlfieT

Get Rich or Dye Trying
Mar 24, 2015
London
Wow thanks for advice guys. No im not camping because a) I don't enjoy it b) mayweather fight!.. I'll book into a hotel down the road :whistle:

What about communications. How many people use walkies? Or is it mainly a shout and point type of game :D

roy2k14

FE
Oct 13, 2014
East Midland, United Kingdom
I didn't bother using any radios, I just shout and pointed most of the time or run up to people and talk to them. Although from what people have told me in experiences they have had playing NvS, they had trouble communicating through radios because of the terrain and wasn't able to get messages about

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Radios are brilliant if you playing with a group of people who also have them and stay in relative proximity. Due to the limits of PMRs and the terrain, the range is normally pretty damn short but it's still far preferable to talk over the radio than shout all the time. Particularly if you are in close proximity to the enemy and want to avoid detection, especially useful in the night game.

Reactions: AlfieT

Roba380

Feb 7, 2011
sat party is brilliant! but you cant take your own drink down to the party area! last year and before that there would be battle of the bands but i believe this year just a cover band is playing, ( obviously going on previous years ) theres other entertainment like fire work display , girls with grinders dancing and paintball eating competitions etc