Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Anyone going NvS?

roy2k14

FE
Oct 13, 2014
East Midland, United Kingdom
When I went and chrono'ed my gun, I purposely lowered the velocity to 250-260fps so it wouldn't spike over 280 for any reason at all. The marshals at the chrono station also advised me to set it lower so it wouldn't spike over the limit, because you would rather get closer to the fight than having taken out of the game for heours. I had to walk all the way from quest lab back to air station as the only ride was doing food runs... But regardless, it was a great event and the paints our paint sponsor at maxes had supplied us was top notch

AlfieT

Get Rich or Dye Trying
Mar 24, 2015
London
I bought a valken tactical vest on Sunday morning. Made it much more enjoyable without my pack sliding down! :notworthy:

I noticed the 4.5k fill station was only filling to 4k (is that normal at events?)

I didn't even realise the transport to and from the fight was in the back of enterprise rented sprinter vans lol. Managed to get on them a few times later on which made life a little easier (y).

I did get chrono police test me on field a few times. Never went above 275.

The south seemed out numbered in every firefight I was a part of so we got pushed back a lot, made worse by an inflatable penis heading the blue advance :ROFLMAO:

Shout out to the white dogs from Sweden who I tagged along with. Awesome guys (y)

roy2k14

FE
Oct 13, 2014
I haven't had much problems with my pack as I wrap it tightly on my waist, but carrying 11 pods and a 1.5L water bottle in a backpack has made moving about on the field much harder

I was getting like 3.5K to 4K max on saturday and Sunday, I'm pretty sure last year I was about to get 4.5K straight from the fill station.

The chrono police seems rather pointless as we still have people shooting hot or even rock solid paints...

Us Northern seems to be pretty aggressive on the push this year, every pushes we make seems to have a large group of people and everyone seems to not hesitate and just do it. Must be the great effort of our General, we were very organised and focused on objectives

Quite disappointing to find people wiping, especially this one guy I was so mercifully to have fired only one shot toward him, he just looked around seeing there's no one so he wiped it off...

KeenDean

I.O.G. supporting member.
Aug 13, 2007
West Yorkshire
My main issue was the chrono setup. They simply didn't work reliably. 80% of my shots were "Err 2", a couple were in the 6500+ range and the rest were all over the place (120-600). When I finally beat the chrono into submission, it said 270. Went onto the game, shot a few balls at a building, it didn't feel right so I went to find a chrono police guy. 281, 278, 279, 268. Because of the 281, my bottle (A safer) was taken off me and completely vented (something you should never, ever, do to a safer). I then had to walk from the top of the game area, back to the air station, slowly fill my bottle, etc etc - which effectively took me out of the game for an hour. I understand zero tolerance, but when I deliberately ask someone because I think I'm shooting hot, I didn't expect my tank to be vented completely and the first part of my day to be ruined because of a singular hot shot. It would have been far far better for me to have gone "screw it, they won't notice", much like everyone else. Tools to help people turn it down would have been much appreciated.
Dude... I was talking to you on your way out. You weren't a happy bunny, and I totally sympathize with you. then and now!

roy2k14

FE
Oct 13, 2014
I don't think I had trouble with the chrono at all, I did have a few "Err 2" on the screen but it happens when you don't place your barrel right above the chrono device. Other than that, it gives me proper readings, it was showing like 256-265fps and gives me no problems with the chrono police when they checked me with the virtue chorno. The marshals allocated at the chrono station were a few decent blokes simply didn't mind all the questions I had threw at them. Surprisingly when I turn up at the chrono station, there wasn't a packed crowds different to last year where there were massive queues. Not sure if this was because I turn up at a good time or simply the new method Warped implemented for the game this year worked well.

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
Dude... I was talking to you on your way out. You weren't a happy bunny, and I totally sympathize with you. then and now!
Small world! Thanks for the open ear :)

I know many people who just didn't bother chronoing - purely because of how unreliable the green ones were. @roy2k14 the marshals were nice guys and didn't mind me swearing loudly at the chrono. It just surprises me that whereas almost everywhere else either uses the virtue ones or the "Big Red" ones, they use the green ones of doom