Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Apex in tournaments?

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I think they're actually specifically not allowed, and to be fair they're pretty easy to spot :)

Last edited:

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
We used one one round of the PA to great effect, after clearing it with Russell, but there were a few complaints (even though at the time there was nothing in the rules) but we had to relent and not use it.

Works great though for like a back player. Not so much front players.

bojjob

#19 Blackout
Feb 22, 2012
Sussex
I cant find anything in the Millenium Rules that says they can't? It only mentions Sound Suppressors, which clearly isn't the purpose of an Apex. I believe the real reason no-one uses them is because they are unnecessary and impossible to clean. Tournament fields aren't really big enough to warrant the need for an Apex, and according to others, don't clean well in the quick situations in fast games.

"Marker barrels may be equipped with porting, slots and/or rifling, but may not have a
sound suppressor attached or integral to the construction of the barrel. Only one barrel
per player will be allowed on the field."

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
In my limited tournament knowledge I would say its pretty useless in a tournament environment anyway

The only players in need of 'range' would be the back players, and I assume a normal setup allows the range they need, and if an apex were required the accuracy (not necessarily needed if just spraying a lane of paint. ( but I would have thought accuracy is required for the optimum locking down of a lane)

When using the apex the balls have to clear the 'ridge', which means not managing to use fragile paint, which then reduces the chances of a break when you hit the opposition

The only use I would see for an apex is for a corner or drop shot.
But to do so you need to be an apex guru to manage the shot, and effectivley take yourself out of the rest of the game by concentrating on one player and tuning the apex for that shot, then for the next player assuming you have not been taken out in the meantime

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Who needs more range? We used em to whip the ball in and hit the guy in back right when he is behind his bunker. Fire a string as if you are aiming at the back right corner of the netting, and the balls whip in left at last minute hitting the guy in the side in the back right bunker. Worked really good! And little twist of the barrel and it fires straight again, little twist again and it will shoot round corners the other way.

BubbleGumBob

Free Style Baby!
Mar 10, 2007
Reading/Newbury
Like I said I had no intention of doing was just intrested and it wasn't the range function that in
Intrested me:p would be quite fun to clip even the tightest of players out of there bunkers, although I agree I dought the 5 star would go through it very well

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
I cant find anything in the Millennium Rules that says they can't? It only mentions Sound Suppressors, which clearly isn't the purpose of an Apex. I believe the real reason no-one uses them is because they are unnecessary and impossible to clean. Tournament fields aren't really big enough to warrant the need for an Apex, and according to others, don't clean well in the quick situations in fast games.

"Marker barrels may be equipped with porting, slots and/or rifling, but may not have a
sound suppressor attached or integral to the construction of the barrel. Only one barrel
per player will be allowed on the field."
Fixed ;)