Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Are Dynasty Done?

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
This has been said many times in the past, but now it might be time for the Dragon to call it a day.

10 years ago, they were a machine, but I think the loss - or indeed, just getting old/moving on - of key players like BC, Angel, SK, Todd & Johnny have hurt them. Alex Fraige has always been the core of the team, and I think he must be getting a little tired after, what, 14 years?

Each player could probably do nicely from guesting & clinics, anyway.

I don't get me wrong, I like them - I turned out for their clinic at NQ in 2005.

Impact have emerged to be the dominant force lately.

Ash - GI Sportz

GI Sportz
Jun 14, 2006
GI Towers
Personally I think Ryan Greenspan is playing the best paintball he has ever played right now.

Yes, he, Alex and Yosh are into their 30's now, but they've got a youthful team built around that 'old' core. B-Short, Spicka, Dalton, Blake, A-Rod, Marcello and Tyler are all very much in their prime. Its like Dynasty 2.0… Or more like 5.0 actually when you count back through all the re-builds they've had in 15 years….

The game has changed a lot in 10 years and I don't think you'll ever have another team like Dynasty come along like they did 15+ years ago. With teams like Impact, Heat & Infamous throwing some serious money around to leave no stone unturned in their quest for titles - buying up the top players and with seemingly limitless practise resources etc. So the fact that a team who operate on a relatively 'small' budget like they do, without a sugar-daddy type backer can still stay in the mix like they do is an achievement in itself.

I doubt the players could milk their names once Dynasty call it a day unless they go hop on to other top-level teams. Once you're out of the pro game your stock goes way down.

Reactions: Tony Harrison

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Yea they've picked up some really young exceptional players. Ollie isn't playing as much, but if you doubt that he can change a game around in a heartbeat you're mistaken.

I watched he and Ryan win a 4-2 by themselves (in Basildon) because they still understand each other so well.
Ryan is playing lights out as well.

Impact are playing incredible, but I wouldn't put Dynasty to pasture yet.

STONESOLDIER

Planet Eclipse
Mar 4, 2007
Manchester, Stretford
No there not done not by a long shot, They run Dynasty like a business and they do well from it, they have plenty of youth on the team and even the oldest members are only 30 and extremely fit so they still have a long way to go.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Thanks for posting up, chaps. Just trying to get a bit of a discussion going as there doesn't seem to be much of that around these days.

I hear what you say. What I wonder is what keeps them motivated after all this time?

Reactions: Spikerz

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
I think for a good chunk of them it really is for the love of the game, the travel, the meeting up with friends, the incredible adrenaline spike you get.

I remember Mardi Gras Open in 2001. We were on deck to play, and Ironkids, or Dynasty were playing (forget who they entered as), and there was this huge half pipe bunker, we called it the car wash (before it got replaced by that gate with hanging flaps car wash bunker), and Ollie was the only one during the entire event that sprinted and dove under it. He got 3-4 kills from under the bunker because no one ever thought he'd be there.

He and Lasoya were 2 of the more beast middle players I've ever seen. Let them get to the center 50 and they'll change the game around.

I'd love to put my own name in that mix, but I only did something mildly cool from the center 50 during our last game in Basildon. The snake side cake made it through my lane, so I had to go from the back center to the middle of the M to shoot him out. Once he was gone the whole D side fell and we won the point and eventually the game. People just don't expect someone to play the center 50 anymore, and they rarely ever did. That's what can make it a game changer.

So yea, seeing Ollie and Ryan at the Mills...they still like being there. I do think you will see Dave Bains start to slow things down and stop playing soon. He's coached 2 of the 3 Mills events, and didn't play Puget because the airlines lost his luggage. I doubt he'll play in Chantilly.

STONESOLDIER

Planet Eclipse
Mar 4, 2007
Manchester, Stretford
Dave does say the same thing every year !!

He has never really played much with Impact at the Mills, He seems more of a coach thinking about it am not sure if he played last year either, Maybe he likes the break.

Reactions: Spikerz

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
I do think you will see Dave Bains start to slow things down and stop playing soon. He's coached 2 of the 3 Mills events, and didn't play Puget because the airlines lost his luggage. I doubt he'll play in Chantilly.
Dave does say the same thing every year !!

He has never really played much with Impact at the Mills, He seems more of a coach thinking about it am not sure if he played last year either, Maybe he likes the break.
Apart from the luggage debacle, Dave picked up a minor injury at Puget! For both Bitburg and Basildon, Bart was not about due to business commitments, Dave took on the coaching role, but as @STONESOLDIER says, he doesn't seem to play too much at Mills, maybe because Bart values his input, maybe the weather doesn't agree with him ;)

As for Dynasty, Not a team to be ruled out, still most definitely a top four team! Talent in depth and experienced leadership, why do you think so many of their roster feature on CPL an SPL teams!

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Dynasty aren't done, but the days of a single team having the consistency and dominance they once had are, I suspect. Had the pleasure of chatting briefly to Ryan and Ollie at CC and they both exuded passion for what they're doing still, and playing.