Southern California
Visit site
Originally posted by Paul_collier
Si,

Have you tried the updated software?

Paul.
:)
===

Paul: One of my friends who had the Ripdrive and the updated software at Mardi Gras said that the new software seemed to make his Halo run a tiny bit slower. We were just messing about at night and he figures he shoots normally about 16 bps with his new gun setup, but he doesn't really shoot alot of paint. I normally shoot about 8-9 bps with my Intimidator and the stock trigger. With his gun, I can easily shoot about 12 bps, so I have no reason to doubt the 16 bps estimate. Yes, I know we're not supposed to but we have a tendency to switch the gun off when we're done so it's hard to "Trust but verify". As a sidebar issue, I got stupid and upgraded my trigger. The stupid trigger is not shooting as fast as I feel it can (I got sent the wrong one and am too lazy to send it back) but as I'm getting a consistent 10 bps, I'm having to upgrade from my modded Rev :( Of course now, after I walked past the Halo tech table at the PSP, that I want one, none are available and everyone says "Next Month". Hmmm... the Evo. is starting to look good now, but several people I know say they outrun theirs. I think part of my problem is I need to switch to a more flexible paddle so my dry shell paint doesn't jam up under the current paddles... no, I never learn and still jam the last few balls when reloading on the field and my pod has just a few more left than I should put in my hopper :p It's hard for me to throw the not-empty pod onto the ground :(
The Ripdrive is the only way to go with a Halo, even though it's a very simple concept. Hmmm... maybe the clock key on my windup alarm clock....

Ray
Relic

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
Originally posted by PaintBaller630
GO BURB! EVO'S ALL THE WAY! prove to me that halob's feed faster than evos. AND evos do work good on cockers my friend has a freeflow with an e-blade trigger on it and it works great
Thanks!

I can prove to you that halo's feed faster than an evo though

:rolleyes:

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
er halo's can feed 22bps - evo's can feed 14-17bps.

As ive said above, we have outshot a evo on a viking. And the halo (we think) kept up with it.

:mad: ;) :D

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Here's a test.

Load a pod into one hopper. Run it out into the pod while running a stop watch. Then do it with the other hopper.

Halos are faster. Believe it or not.

I have no doubt that the Egg works for your friend, 630, but both go faster than most people pull a trigger anyway. I use an Egg II sometimes, and it works fine.

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Originally posted by gyroscope
Here's a test.

Load a pod into one hopper. Run it out into the pod while running a stop watch. Then do it with the other hopper.

Halos are faster. Believe it or not.
Even though the halo is still faster in this test, it is the worst possible test to compare the two loaders.

It makes the evolution look FASTER than it is because the paddle is always spinning and not stopped just waiting for gravity to drop a ball far enough each shot for the eye to register each time. The evolution actually feeds slower when on the gun.

It also makes the Halo look SLOWER than it is. The fast feed rate of the Halo (upto 51bps in short bursts has been measured!) comes from the spring in the drive cone. If you are just doing a drop test you never ever wind the spring up and see this benefit. The halo actually feeds faster into the breech when on gun (but you still have to account for the time the bolt cycles and closes off the breech).

The relationship between gun firing rates and hopper feed rates is exponential because the bolt cycling time is fixed. i.e. It's harder to make system that can feed 6bps faster from 13 to say 19bps than it is to make a system that can feed from 6bps to 12bps.

On gun testing is what counts. If you have on gun results of an Evolution keeping up at over 13bps constantly I would really like to see it.