Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

are pump guns good

avitbigtime

May 31, 2013
they are good fun and if you take someone out the game who is using an electronic marker using ramping like most do you automatically have bragging rights lol

Reactions: Eddy Collumbell

classichunter

Team Proteus Founder
Apr 3, 2013
Manchester
Old School and very cool , have a Lapco grey spirit in my bag love it . Where the sport came from and they are so much fun. Makes you think tactically about your shots rather than spray and pray with an electro

spartan0746

Aug 15, 2013
Kent,
Just make sure you use high quality paint, nothing worse than getting a bounce when you can only fire a shot once or twice.

Reactions: Gee Tee

Prawda

"No QEV, No difference" Doc's words
Nov 6, 2013
FRANCE
I've seen guys play with Bob Long MVP, you can play speedball with it, it shoot really fast, CCM is also making beautiful guns that beat anything else.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Just to introduce some balance, I'm just going to drop this bombshell.....I don't like pumps. There, I said it. :eek:

I'll admit my pump exposure hasn't been huge - my first game ever was with a stickfed/12g pump and since then I think I've played once with a rental Sterling, flipped another couple in trades and played one day with a stockclass Phantom. I don't like the way that pumping chucks my aim off and forces me to have my secondary hand in an unnatural position and I don't like the feeling of not having more than one ball ready to go at the mere tap of a trigger.

I love the look and idea of pumps, they appeal to my old-school tastes, but they're not for me. Of course this is probably due to me being an absolutely AWFUL shot (I blame the fact that I don't wear my glasses when I play) and need to lead my shots in to hit anything smaller than an artic lorry. Semi 4 life brah. ;)

Stencil

pew pew
Sep 8, 2006
Yorkshire.
Really though, you're throwing yourself in at the deep, deep end rocking stockclass.

I believe that the field can dictate your enjoyment too - if the field (woods) is small, symmetrical, encourages volume, etc, pump can be difficult to enjoy. You need to find an advantage over everyone else - be it your gun skills or your willingness to crawl down a water filled ditch.