Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Are you ready for the Zombies?

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
if the chick was the smokin-hot barmaid from the local, and her top was partially torn off, and shes within a few hours after turning, and there's no major wound on her head or torso, I could foresee a situation where she might get close enough to take a bite out of me...

The maggot idea is a new one, but more of a slow-burn approach. Plus, the maggots could get infected, turn into giant zomblie-biting-flies, and then swarm my island-fortress-hide-out, which would be a totally lame way to go out.

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
I dunno, I think maggots would be pretty quick to set in... Probably the first thing that they would eat would be their eyes. So they'd be blind.

Been thinking about guns... I think something small, semi auto capable, that could shatter a femur would be your best bet. I know that wouldn't kill, but I think when you are cornered by a group, picking off head shots is a crappy option anyway, a good sweep at thigh height would put them on the ground easily, and a crawler is slower than a walker. Shotguns are rubbish. Too loud, poor capacity, and th spreading only happens at a distance. Maybe keep a short sawn off handy. For close encounters.

cambojnr

People on here are tighter than a nuns nunny.
Jun 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I dunno, I think maggots would be pretty quick to set in... Probably the first thing that they would eat would be their eyes. So they'd be blind.

Been thinking about guns... I think something small, semi auto capable, that could shatter a femur would be your best bet. I know that wouldn't kill, but I think when you are cornered by a group, picking off head shots is a crappy option anyway, a good sweep at thigh height would put them on the ground easily, and a crawler is slower than a walker. Shotguns are rubbish. Too loud, poor capacity, and th spreading only happens at a distance. Maybe keep a short sawn off handy. For close encounters.
what if your shot gun is a usas 12

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland

But armed with my machete and tactical tomahawk which has a blade AND a pointy bit I like to call the deanimator you could cut a swathe right through them bad boys........

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY

I'm trying to get on-board with your maggot idea, but lets just put it into a scenario - You have 4 zombies trying to come though your window/door/whatever. Luckily you have a tub of maggots with you as you've just returned from an unsuccessful fishing trip - what are you going to do? Throw some maggots at them? Won't they just bounce off? And if they do stick, and start eating eyeballs, that could take hours! And even then you still have 4 blind zombies to deal with, plus the potential for Zombie biting flies once the maggots mature...

It's novel, but won't save lives once the **** has hit the fan, you need to take out the brain or sever the cerebral cortex, get that quick kill, and move on. Likewise with the strafing of the femurs. NIce short-term plan, but something of a waste of ammo if you have to budget your resources...

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
If you have 4 zombies coming through your window you'll need a weapon, yeah.

But the maggot thing happens naturally. Something dead and rotting won't take long to be a horrific mess, boiling with maggots, especially in warmer countries. So you gotta sit tight and wait it out. So that's my plan, close my curtains, watch some 24 box sets, then go outside with my corpse-rake and clean up my lawn.

That's what I'm getting at really, I don't think the s**t would ever hit the fan enough for you to actually warrant planning anything major, other than filling your fridge to tide you over.

Last edited:

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
And what about the effect on house prices if Zombies moved in next door to you? And if the Zombie kids went to your kid's school? Education standards would go straight down.

That, and they have no idea how to form orderly queues in supermarkets. There would be chaos in Asda. (Or Wal-Mart, for our American readers).

It doesn't bear thinking about.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
And what about the effect on house prices if Zombies moved in next door to you? And if the Zombie kids went to your kid's school? Education standards would go straight down.

That, and they have no idea how to form orderly queues in supermarkets. There would be chaos in Asda. (Or Wal-Mart, for our American readers).

It doesn't bear thinking about.
That's just silly Jonathan. This is a sensible discussion so if you have nothing worthwhile to add please refrain from posting nonsense.