Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Aussie Tourney Scene???

BigDaveUK

London Mayhem
Apr 4, 2008
Bishops Stortford
So i'm gonna be doing a 12, possibly 24 month, working holiday in Oz, and wondered if its worth taking my gear?!
I've travelled with marker etc before so am not worried about that, more interested to hear if anyone knows, or has experience of the supair scene in australia(if there even is one?!)

cheers
Dave.

dodge-gnome

Save a rock, throw an Ion
Nov 13, 2010
Gloucestershire
I hear australia is a LOT stricter on laws and regulations involving paintball markers. I think to purchase or use one you need to register and sign up for a license or something?
But because of this, apparently sup air is a lot less popular due to it being a fair amount harder to get into...

EDIT: paintball laws according to wikipedia

wikipedia said:
Paintballing in Australia is controlled by the police in each state, with differing minimum age requirements. Players under 18 are required to have a guardian sign a consent form. The minimum ages are 12 for South Australia and Western Australia, 15 for Queensland, 16 for New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory, and 18 in Victoria.[68] Paintball has been banned in Tasmania since the events of the Port Arthur massacre in 1996.[5]
Operators must adhere to particular rules on gun storage, safety training and field sizes. In all states, in order to own a paintball marker, players must have a paintball gun licence, be at least 18 years old, and have the marker safely stored in a category 2 safe.[69] Until 2005, Victoria was the only state which required players to have a long-arm firearm licence; a law which was criticized on the grounds it drew players to real firearms.[70]

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
Reactions: BigDaveUK

BigDaveUK

London Mayhem
Apr 4, 2008
Bishops Stortford
:eek:
and what do we think are the chances of a tourist on a working visa getting a firearms lisence?!? lol
:(

looks like its punterball for me!!
thanks for the info!

Dave

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
Dave i`m sure that all the states are different on their laws but as i said get in touch with Timboy or contact paintball pete he`s a true gent:)

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
I looked into this slightly and from memory you will have to fill out an Oz firearms license prior to your visit (specifically for a paintball marker) and I think you have to surrender your marker for a few days while it's checked out when you get there.......as long as you do all the paperwork and get things sorted, you should be ok.

Check out http://www.super7spaintball.com/

They're about 40 mins outside of Sydney.

Reactions: Milky

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
theres a lad on here who plays in Australia, but ive forgotten his user name:(
but if you can track him down im sure he would be able to give you information!

niallist

SPS - First 9
Nov 2, 2008
London
Also pm chuckwood, he moved back there from here a few months ago, very nice bloke. plays more scenario than tourney but will be able to help you out I'm sure.

Reactions: chuckwood