Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Autococker

semtexuk

Jun 11, 2013
Bristol
I used to play with the automag and never got a cocker but would love to pick one up they along with mags really changed the game....o the golden years.....

jont

Jul 13, 2011
Haven't really played in a year. Recently got back into it. Remembered this thread and managed to find an Autococker Trilogy Pro for sale.

So impressed. Accuracy was incredibly although I could probably underbore a little more.

Miss the RoF of my electro, but currently limited to c02 anyway.

Cheers for all the thoughts

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
My first ever marker was an Eclipse cocker with an E1 board. She was an absolute beauty but I had no idea what I was doing with it. And I still dont 5 years later. Cocker's take an inordinate amount of understanding and experience to fully comprehend and will bite you hard if you fiddle with them the wrong way. Bugger about with these markers and they will happily throw all of their toys out of the pram and spit in your face. Then, like me, you have to approach someone who actually has a clue with a sheepish grin on your face and desperation in your heart. You also suffer the incredulous look upon this seasoned players's face that says it all; "what the f**k were you playing at you cretin!"
Despite that I loved that cocker because it was a pinnacle of paintball history and I personally think every player should own one. Just so we can all experience it. My advice would be buy one, then watch every single video on youtube about cockers, read every manual you can and suddenly become best mates with a cocker buff. Id also suggest taking your time in choosing as there are a lot of cheap cockers out there. My recommendation would be to go for the Eclipse cocker, they're beautiful. However, be under no illusion, cocker's will not give you the reliability and tolerance of modern markers and will go wrong with surprising regularity. Should you decide upon uprgrading to the Eblade electric trigger then you must remember that the E1 version does not have a ramping mode, you need a Zero B or E2 board for that.
Id compare these markers to the old MGs. They're old, they're temperamental, but good god they make you smile when they work and its always good to know you're holding a piece of paintball history in your hands, even if it does weigh more than your car.

Reactions: beanbag83

jont

Jul 13, 2011
So what is the general consensus on the new Empire Resurrection markers?

From personal experience, which is most certainly very limited, my cocker is noticeably more accurate than my creed, PM7, SLG or A5 (as I said, limited).

I mostly play woodsball and find the accuracy a real bonus, but miss the rof of an electro. Will there always be this trade off between the two?

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Think the karnivore is the fastest cycling marker I've heard of at 56 bps (and no I can't find the link to back it up),so you don't have to worry about ROF.

jont

Jul 13, 2011
HPA only. The Empire Resurrection runs on c02 as well if I'm not mistaken.

Revilo88

Oct 6, 2012
Just try one! I have a Mid Blocked Black Magic 06 with E2 board. Im constantly getting compliments about it on the field.
12 Bps even with my fat uncoordinated fingers.
Just as accurate as all the high end modern markers.
Just rubbish on air and heavy.

I love mine to bits and have had two people offer to take it off me, no chance!

jont

Jul 13, 2011
Just bought a WGP Karnivor STO to go with my Trilogy Pro. I'm hooked.