Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

automag gripframe info/idea bounce.

Everyinchtheanimal

Feb 19, 2010
Hi guys, I have been looking at some automags oon the U.S sites, and quite fancy a go on a 'y' framed 'mag.
My question is I have an old cf frame if I was to cut the frame and turn the handle part over that would give me the reverse angle I am after. I could still use the original panel grips to hide the cut and shut line.
What are your views? And has this already been done?

renie

Mar 2, 2008
it could be possible but how do you plan on re attaching the grip once you have cut it?
there wont be a lot of strength due to the mold pattern of the CF frame, also you may have to rework the inside channel where the sear rod goes, depending on where you choose to cut it.
2 options really try and source a Y frame or get one made

Everyinchtheanimal

Feb 19, 2010
For a trial run I would just epoxy resin it back possibly use some grp matting to add more strength. If it works the I would just use it until I could source one. The way I am looking at cutting the frame shouldn't interfere with the top part of the gripframe. I need to have a proper think and measure. Possibly play on Microsoft Paint to work it out!

Everyinchtheanimal

Feb 19, 2010
Oh on another thought......what are the results of printed things from a 3D printer like? I mean strength wise. As I could get one scanned into the computer to print them off. Hmmmmm now I am using my grey matter, and its only February!

Last edited:
Reactions: wiggles01

renie

Mar 2, 2008
Oh on another thought......what is the results of printed things from a 3D printer. I mean strength wise. As I could get one scanned into the computer to print them off. Hmmmmm now I am using my grey matter, and its only February!
not sure of the strength but you could make it slightly thicker say 14mm thickness which would give more rigidness

Everyinchtheanimal

Feb 19, 2010
if i can find someone local to do one on a priter what would i need to give them? CAD specs? Or would i give them a proper 'y' frame would tehy be able to scan it?

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
You've been beaten to it - this was on MCB

Looks a bit of a lash up IMO and can't see it holding together if knocked about

Here's a pukka Y grip and stock AGD intelliframe for comparison

Last edited:
Reactions: wiggles01