Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Average distance from start gate to snake ?

Xmini-ballerX

London Tigers & Team GB
Nov 15, 2008
I'm unsure where to put this so forgive if it's in the wrong section.

I have been looking to improve my sprinting into snake obviously I don't always have a sup air field to train on, so when I'm at home a like to practise diving , sliding ETC ...

I've only been playing for a year or so , so I haven't ever really thought about distance (just about getting in ).

Now the snake distance will vary from event to event but it often looks about the same distance,
So I wont to know so I can measure it out in my garden a practise and try to improve my times ,
Cheers Luke

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
Just look on one of the millennium layouts and work it out for yourself..

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
I would say it varies too much, also depends on positioning of other bunkers, sometimes its better to run round a few and go head first in.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
You could just do some sprint training. Go to a local footy pitch and jog round it. On the length, jog, on the width sprint as hard as you can. Gets your muscles used to burst energy. Do like 3 laps and then rest. Take on water and time how long it takes for you to recover. When rested do it again, and compare the times for recovery. Its how fast you recover that is a good mark for fitness.

Or you could find somewhere close by with a steep hill. Sprint up it, and jog down it, repeat this a few times and check your recovery rate.

Reactions: Dave284

xDansomee

Speedball in the woods!
May 30, 2009
Manea, Cambs.
www.iBotModz.net
A good place to do steep hill running/jogging/sprinting would be your local ski or tobogganing centre. See if they will let you use the slope to run up etc.

The one I used to go to had a really steep hill that was about 100m long, that would be one hell of a workout...

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
A good place to do steep hill running/jogging/sprinting would be your local ski or tobogganing centre. See if they will let you use the slope to run up etc.

The one I used to go to had a really steep hill that was about 100m long, that would be one hell of a workout...
I was thinking more like 20 paces long lol not like a mountain!!

Potter Loki

Mar 18, 2007
Essex
some good old interval training ;) when im doing it i run round my old school atheltic track, sprint the straights and jog the bends, repeat as necessary

head_-_shot

UK Under 19's & London Tigers.
Oct 25, 2008
London
www.facebook.com
Yeh Luke ...
It's best to practise sprinting larger distances I train to do 100M it keeps you fit and then snake is a bit of a doddle...also it's corners you'll have to be running to as well through out the season (y) x